Think about becoming a Mortgage Originator. - Posted by Aaron Young

Posted by Aaron Young on December 09, 1999 at 09:47:54:

Am I considered a lender even if All I am doing is creating a Mortgage? I still have to find the loan and get it approved by an Underwriter

Think about becoming a Mortgage Originator. - Posted by Aaron Young

Posted by Aaron Young on December 08, 1999 at 19:23:12:

I am thinking about becoming a Mortgage Originator/Servicer. Is it neccessary in order to make mortgages/notes and sell them? If not, what are the benefits of being one?

Re: Think about becoming a Mortgage Originator. - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on December 08, 1999 at 23:09:15:

Aaron,

You can buy and sell Notes without having to originate them, and let me tell you the yields are much better.

Click on Cash flow to the left of the main screen and follow your way to the cash flow forum.

David Alexander

Re: Think about becoming a Mortgage Originator. - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on December 08, 1999 at 21:36:16:

To Orginate Mortgages (some states) you have to be license Contact your Department of Banking and finance in your state. The orgination Business is a great one it is better when you become a direct lender. If you have never been in the field I suggust not to open shop on your own. Work and get your feet wet.

Best of Luck
Jonathan

Whats the difference between Originating and creating a mortgage? - Posted by Tony James

Posted by Tony James on December 09, 1999 at 09:45:37:

I would like to know If I am creating a note and selling it, am I also creating a Note. And in my State you need to be an Originator to create a Mortgage. Is it when you are commercial you need to be an Orginator?