This is hard with a FT job. How did you pro's do it? - Posted by Steve (FL)

Good advice, but… - Posted by Steve (FL)

Posted by Steve (FL) on February 03, 2000 at 09:50:36:

…as I said, I’m not crazy enough to quit my job first. I agree with Scott’s approach. As a matter of fact, I made my first offer today! Thanks, gang.

Amen Scott! - Posted by Emmett-NC

Posted by Emmett-NC on February 03, 2000 at 07:16:07:

Scott,
Amen to that. Thanks for the azimuth check!

Emmett

Re: Maybe it’s Limited Thinking But…I have to agree… - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on February 02, 2000 at 23:19:29:

…even though John’s post was awesome and inspiring, it could be a bit premature for a newbie to give his/her boss the pink slip.

I started part time while I worked a 50 hour week. I ran ads and had a realtor looking out for deals for me.
I was looking for rental properties when i started. I really didn’t do any “flipping”, Lease Options or Retailing. I was just after the cash flow.

After putting several deals together and feeling that I had a stream of income and money in the bank, I quit my job. But I didn’t quit until I educated myself and I knew the basics. I found this website 6 months before I had planned to quit and I am glad I found it. It opened a whole new and broader world of investing for me. I read everything I could get my hands on. I went to last year convention (I will be there again, this year) and when I returned home I knew I was going to do this business and there was no turning back.

So, I still believe in giving it your all, but quit your job after you have “done your homework” and did a deal or two on a part time basis. Set some goals (write them down and look at them everyday) and put a time for completion on each goal. Make a plan and follow your plan.

Just my two nickles worth.

Good luck and good investing.

Sincerely,
John