Those @#%& Realtors!!! - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Why not post the Title & Author here for all to share? (NT) - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on December 29, 1999 at 15:10:14:

Re: What do agents know? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 25, 1999 at 21:47:43:

Each MLS system is different throughout the country. Some MLS’s ask for that info, some don’t.

Most agents wouldn’t know the answer anyway, unless the property is maxed out with little equity. Then, they might know and inform you of it.

As far as question #2 goes, I am really not positive, but most likely it would be ethical as long as everyone has written disclosure as to what is going on.

Re: What do agents know? - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on December 25, 1999 at 17:27:09:

Mortgage amount is just one of the items on the form the seller fills our for the MLS listing. When I encountered that item, I left it blank.

Why you may ask. It wasn’t required information for the MLS. I had a sizable amount of equity and did not want potential buyers to consistently lowball me because of my equity position. I was not going to accept any assumption or subject to offers where that information would be important to the buyer. Nor was I offering a wrap-aroung mortgage.

Instead of labelling the real estate agent as lazy for not having this information, perhaps you might consider that the seller was just protecting some of his/her privacy and did not want to disclose what they considered personal financial information.

Re: Tell Them What They Want to Hear - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on December 24, 1999 at 07:50:00:

Thanks for the great info. Merry Christmas.