Those w/experience what would you do? - Posted by Malcolm

Posted by Brent_IL on August 13, 2003 at 22:32:25:

Some of the answers may be mutually exclusive. If you think the bottom is dropping out then the “BEST place is to put this money” will have nothing to do with “best places to invest in real estate for long term appreciation” because there isn’t any.

If you have high household income the $600 a month is taxed at the top bracket. I’d pay down the personal residence because you have nothing else going on now and the internal rate is probably better than CD?s, and put the $150,000 in a short-term account, maybe Treasuries. It won’t give you much of a return, but it will still be there after the one year that you’ve taken to study real estate so you know what’s best in your market. No magic bullets.

Those w/experience what would you do? - Posted by Malcolm

Posted by Malcolm on August 13, 2003 at 10:27:57:

I live in a state where RE has gone up a lot and now it
is going sideways and down some. The economy in my state
is doing poor. I just sold two properties
here from which I will generate about $150,000 in cash.
I have one rental left that generates about $600/mth cash flow.
I have a high household income and a personal residence
worth about $250,000 but not much equity in it. Perhaps
about $20k in equity. I want to figure out where the BEST place is to put this money. How do I do that? How do I figure out where the best places are to invest in realestate for long term appreciation? How do I also avoid
going into a market where there has been excellent appreciation but then the bottom drops out? Thanks for
any advice.