Thought for the day.... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by phil fernandez on January 08, 2001 at 18:04:17:

nt.

Thought for the day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on January 07, 2001 at 13:30:12:

Thought for the day?.

I thought I would have some fun with today’s “Thought for the day”. Many times when we say or do something, it’s a matter of our own perspective.

You may say, or write something to someone, for it to have one meaning, and they heard, or saw it from a different perspective then the one intended. This is extremely important when working a deal. That’s why I’ve always said, Communication, is the responsibility of the communicator.

Punctuation Perspective

An English professor wrote the words, “Woman without her man is nothing” on the blackboard and directed his students to punctuate it correctly.

The men wrote: “Woman, without her man, is nothing.”

The women wrote: “Woman! Without her, man is nothing.”

Now talk about seeing things from a different perspective.

(Smile)

Ed Garcia

Re: Thought for the day… - Posted by Millie I.

Posted by Millie I. on January 08, 2001 at 12:46:41:

…and what did your wife tell you is the right way to interpret it Eddy ? Just kidding, LOL, long time no chat Eddy , maybe I will see you guys again at the Convention.

Who is going to the Convention ? Anyone from the old gang? Reply if you are going, I want to see how many faces I still know.

God bless you all,
Your friend,
Millie I.

Re: Thought for the day… - Posted by Vince

Posted by Vince on January 07, 2001 at 17:57:23:

Ed,
Great post! I agree that sometimes just the smallest change in punctuation can change the entire way we see things.

Just a few years ago I was writing a song about my thoughts on abortion (I don’t agree with it) and I wanted to call the song “Baby’s Laughter.”

Then, after I had written the title down I noticed if I just made one adjustment the entire message changes. Watch:

Baby’s Laughter
Baby Slaughter

See what I mean?

Vince

I’ll be there Millie (nt) - Posted by steph in tex

Posted by steph in tex on January 09, 2001 at 07:55:51:

c