Thought for the day.... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Bill Gatten on October 29, 2000 at 20:05:33:

No, Jack would offer somethign like:

If you’re feeling down while walking in a field and you find a long black thing that looks like a very long partially buried hose, pick it up and keep walking and pulling it out of the ground until you eventually come to a place where men are laying underground telephone wires, then hold up the hose and shake it at them and yell “snake! snake!” That should make everyone smile, and you’ll feel much better.

Or…

If you ever fall from a really high building and there’s no chance of surviving anyway, wouldn’t it be really funny to move your arms and legs like you’re swimming to confuse all the people in the crowd below?

Bill

Thought for the day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on October 29, 2000 at 12:00:32:

Thought for the day

A friend sent this to me, and I thought I’d share it with you…

The Trouble Tree

I hired a carpenter to help me restore an old farmhouse. He had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric saw quit and now his ancient pickup refused to start.
While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me to meet his family.

As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.

Afterwards he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

“Oh, that’s my trouble tree,” he replied. “I know I can’t help having troubles on the job, but one thing for sure, troubles don’t belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home. Then in the morning I pick them up again.”

“Funny thing is,” he smiled, " when I come out in the morning to pick “em up, there aren’t nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before.”

Ed Garcia

Re: Thought for the day… - Posted by SCOTTNOVIMI

Posted by SCOTTNOVIMI on October 29, 2000 at 15:41:06:

Great story Ed, keep them coming!!!

Is this like. - Posted by Ben

Posted by Ben on October 29, 2000 at 12:33:02:

“DEEP THOUGHTS” by Jack Handey.

Saturday Night Live!