Thought for the Day..... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az) on October 22, 2000 at 14:01:17:

To get into the Chat Room just log on to CREonline and in that little yellow section on the left side of the page under “Interaction” you’ll see CHAT. Click there and follow the instructions. It’s that easy!

Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Thought for the Day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on October 22, 2000 at 11:19:39:

Thought for the day?.

A man found a cocoon of a butterfly. One day a small opening appeared, he sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole. Then it seemed to stop making any progress. It appeared as if it had gotten as far as it could and it could go no further.

So the man decided to help the butterfly, he took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily. But it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings. The man continued to watch the butterfly because he expected that, at any moment, the wings would enlarge and expand to be able to support the body, which would contract in time. Neither happened!

In fact, the butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings. It never was able to fly. What the man in his kindness and haste did not understand was that the restricting cocoon and the struggle required for the butterfly to get through the tiny opening was nature’s way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings so that it would be ready for flight once it achieved its freedom from the cocoon. Sometimes struggles are exactly what we need in our life.

If destiny allowed us to go through our life without any obstacles, it would cripple us. We would not be as strong as what we could have been. And we could never fly.

Author: Unknown

Ed Garcia

Re: Thought for the Day… - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Joseph Madera on October 22, 2000 at 13:16:16:

I am a newbie and going thru a frustrating time trying to make deals happen.I see everyone around me doing it and I am just putting around.Also like J.P. says you have to get up and do it.I am doing this but sometimes there are intangibles in every deal and most of the time I am blank as to a solution.I guess I have to use this more often.

Re: Thought for the Day… - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on October 22, 2000 at 12:39:17:

Thanks, Eddie. Here’s another analogy…

Beginners can read all the real estate investing books
and courses available, attend all the seminars and
workshops. BUT they will learn MORE by actually
“spreading their wings” and doing a deal or two.
It gives you a reality you can’t get sitting at your
desk.

Re: Thought for the Day… - Posted by SCook85

Posted by SCook85 on October 22, 2000 at 12:16:48:

Ed,
I don’t think I get to read all of your “thought’s”, but this has to be the best one that I have read so far. Everyone should not only be thankful for the good things that happen in our lives, but also for the struggles. It is those struggles that mold us. Without them we would never grow, we would simply exist.

Steve

Re: Thought for the Day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on October 23, 2000 at 09:44:19:

Joseph,

Let me tell you a story taken from Napoleon Hill’s " THINK and GROW RICH"

To say, NEVER GIVE UP or NEVER QUIT. Is not just a phrase or philosophy, but is an attitude and a way of life.

One of the most common causes of failure is the habit of quitting, when one is overtaken by TEMPORARY DEFEAT. Every person is
guilty of this mistake at one time or another.
An uncle of R.U. Darby was caught by the “gold fever” in the gold-rush days, and went west to dig and grow rich. He had never heard
that more gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has ever been taken from the earth. He staked his claim and went to work
with pick and shovel.
After weeks of labor, he was rewarded by the discovery of the shining ore. He needed machinery to bring the ore to the surface. Quietly,
he covered up the mine, retraced his footsteps to his home in Williamsburg, Maryland, and told his relatives and a few neighbors of the
“strike.” They got together money for the needed machinery, and had it shipped. The uncle and Darby went back to work the mine.

The first car of ore was mined and shipped to a smelter. The returns proved they had one of the richest mines in Colorado! A few more
cars of that ore would clear the debts. Then would come the big killing in profits.
Down went the drills! Up went the hopes of Darby and Uncle! Then something happened. The vein of gold ore disappeared! They had
come to the end of the rainbow, and the pot of gold was no longer there. They drilled on desperately trying to pick up the vein again all to
no avail.

Finally, they decided to quit.

They sold the machinery to a junk man for a few hundred dollars, and took the train back home. The junk man called in a mining engineer
advised that the project had failed because the owners were not familiar with “fault lines.” His calculations showed that the vein would be
found just three feet from where the Darby’s had stopped drilling! That is exactly where it was found!

The junk man took millions of dollars in ore from the mine because he knew enough to seek expert counsel before giving up.

Before success comes in any mans life, he is sure to meet with much temporary defeat, and perhaps, some failure. When defeat overtakes
a man, the easiest and most logical thing to do is quit. That is exactly what the majority of men do.
More than five hundred of the most successful men this country has ever known, told the author their greatest success came just one step
beyond the point at which defeat had overtaken them. Failure is a trickster with a keen sense of irony and cunning. It takes delight in
tripping one when success is almost within reach.

I have just given you your own personal thought for the day?.

Ed Garcia

Frustration! Naaaaah… - Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

Posted by Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az) on October 22, 2000 at 13:36:33:

Joe.

Hang in there! I know you are.
But just think about it…You are seeing everyone around you doing it. What does that mean? I’d have to say that if they are all doing it then so will you! Maybe not at the exact moment, but soon. Just keep hanging around the circle that it is happening in and you’ll soon become part of that circle! Beleive me, it will.

As far as you drawing the blanks…You mentioned that you are new to this. Everyone here was at one time or another (Some will admit this while others won’t) but anyway, I as well as many others here will help you with any questions or concerns you may have if we indeed have the answers ourselves. You see Joe, sometimes people that have been involved in this for some time draw those same blanks just as you do! so you’re not alone.

Hang in there buddy, and never quit. Isaid NEVER QUIT! no matter what, and success will be knocking on your door sooner than you expect it to!

The key is persistence… Keep up the good work and keep that positive attitude!

Best of luck Joe, and don’t ever be afraid to post your questions to the board. We’re all here to help one another.

Jim LaVerdi (Phx_Az)

P.S. - Posted by J.P. Vaughan

Posted by J.P. Vaughan on October 22, 2000 at 12:44:42:

That’s when you really learn to fly…

Re: Frustration! Naaaaah… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on October 22, 2000 at 15:43:43:

Jim’s right.

I am an experienced investor of 25 years yet in the last couple of months I have not been able to put a deal to bed. Heck last one was 6/30/00. So I get frustrated too.

Hang in there. It will happen.

Re: Frustration! Naaaaah… - Posted by Joseph Madera

Posted by Joseph Madera on October 22, 2000 at 13:46:33:

Thanx for that pep talk.I’m not trying to sound sappy but it’s nice when people like yourself care.What I like the most about this the deal structuring, the problem solving which at this point is mostly problems and no solving and the fredom and independence that re investing gives.Not being tied down to wage labor is great.Hopefully with that type of support I’ll be there soon as you stated.Oh by the way how do I join that chat room on this site. Thanx