Thought for the Day..... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by chris on May 15, 2000 at 06:43:38:

Good for you! You’ve even got me trembling. Hey, those landlord/tenant statutes sure come in handy. Looks like part 7 of that same section will add to the fire since she has bugged the other tenants for an outlet. If she’s smart she’ll get the heck outta there before you unleach the big guns on her(Dennis)! She don’t sound too smart though.

(7) Conduct himself or herself, and require other persons on the premises with his or her consent to conduct themselves, in a manner that does not unreasonably disturb the tenant’s neighbors or constitute a breach of the peace.

-Chris

Thought for the Day… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on May 14, 2000 at 10:30:35:

Thought for the Day??.

Man waits for time, but time waits for no man.

Do it Now.

Happy Mother’s Day,

Ed Garcia

a follow up… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on May 14, 2000 at 11:42:26:

How many times a day do small and medium sized tasks cross our path and we turn away because we

• don’t like doing “it”
  • don’t feel we should be the one to have to do "it’
  • aren’t sure we know how to do ‘it’, so we don’t try
  • think there isn’t time for ‘it’
    etc etc etc

I am very guilty of this form of procrastination.

This morning, tenants called to say that the ‘non-electrified’ tenant (a landlordy qtn, below) had her a/c plugged into the house outlet - right then - so I could catch her in the act.

Sunday morning. Mother’s Day. I’m at home in my pj’s, alone with my grandson (18ms), who is sick. And I ‘have to’ haul my bu** over to pull the fuses.

I was angry (at being the only one around to do it… the buck stopped here); put out; teeth gnashing.

10 mins later, I pulled the fuses, put them in the van, baby smiling and playing and tenants thanking me.

And I thought to myself: What was all the fuss I was making for myself? It took NO time, No skill, and I felt ‘empowered’ afterwards. OK, so I’m not tough to please.

Anyway, the point is, if we will but DO all these little things, when they are there asking to be done, they add up to a huge mass of accomplisment instead of a huge mass of deferred decisions and actions - freeing us to move on, and at the same time, releasing little bits of power which get clogged up by procrastination, “can’t do”, wimping out, anger and rest.

Voila.
My mother’s day present to me.
love to all.
Carol

Re: a follow up… - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on May 15, 2000 at 03:10:23:

Carol-

Have you decided what to do with the tenant without electricity? This one sounds like the type who will put a penny in the place of the fuse to get power to the apartment.

I hope the rest of your Mother’s Day was a bit more relaxing after this.

-Good luck with this one, Chris;-}

Similar messages by Nightingale & Kiyosaki - Posted by Brian Mac

Posted by Brian Mac on May 14, 2000 at 19:15:25:

Earl Nightingale: “Successful people do the things that unsuccessful people don’t like to do” He further points out that NOBODY likes “the things” or, as you say, “it” but that the successful people actually do them.

Robert Kiyosaki: “Intelligence is learning (and doing) the things I need to learn (and do) even though I don’t want to learn (and do) them.” As I’m sure you know, he further points out that, contradictory to the philosophy of “do that which you love to do”, all of the things that make him a succussful investor etc. are not necessarily things he enjoys doing, but he knows they are necessary to do in order for him to accomplish his goals, have more choices, etc.

Thanks for the reminder

Brian Mac

I think what you are saying is absolutely powerful !!! - Posted by JohnG

Posted by JohnG on May 14, 2000 at 13:42:50:

I love what you are saying. It rings true to me and yet I didn’t see it until you painted the picture. I too, get bogged down with 23 little mickey mouse requests that I put off and then, before you know it, I am into overwhelm mode before I even start the day.
Its hard to soar with eagles when your room isn’t even made up for the day !!!

The realization that by putting things off we not only do harm because we have put things off; but we have done real harm to our future actions by telling ourselves that it is somehow OK to put off those things that are a pain and “really don’t matter”.

They do matter because as you say - we get clogged up and the ability to act on a moments notice is impaired due to all of the things we have put off.

I have not said it very well, but I am absolutely convinced that if we would just “DO IT” and take care of things as they come up - that we will increase our productivity tenfold. I have seen it happen in my own life - I take action NOW and that frees me up to do the deal that I might have missed and as you state it somehow “empowers” me to take bold steps.

Thank you for sharing this and I’m so glad that you “empowered” yourself with what was in essence a very simple step. Theres a lot of wisdom in what you say.

Re: a follow up… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on May 15, 2000 at 05:41:09:

Yes, Chris, thanks for asking!
These are OLD fuses … look like shotgun shells. No penny will fill in for these puppies!

Anyway, I pulled out the FL statutes, read through, got the right kind of verbiage, and have a letter giving her 7 days notice to be out for “failure to use and operate in a reasonable manner all electrical, … airconditioning … facilities and appliances.” That’s para 83.52 (5), for those who care … and it sure looks serious set down on paper!

She’s not a bad kid, just kind of “useless” as my mama used to say. And we have ‘helped out’ long enough.

Dennis tells folks that our tenants may give him some trouble from time to time, but that NO ONE gives me a hard time, 'cause when THIS MAMA ain’t happy, NO ONE is happy!

Growl!

Thanks, John. Glad it made sense to you! nt - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on May 14, 2000 at 13:47:44: