thought some you might enjoy this - Posted by Jim Rayner

Posted by Hugh James on July 14, 2002 at 05:24:33:

My sentiments exactly. I’d make a call to the Mommies & Daddies involved and ask them their preferred method of payment. (I once had a student property that worked out well, but that’s another story.) Cheers!

thought some you might enjoy this - Posted by Jim Rayner

Posted by Jim Rayner on July 12, 2002 at 20:09:53:

So you want to be a landlord/landlady?

This not as bad as it gets and this property was rehabbed 12 months ago. This is how it came back.

Don’t let this discourage you I collected 24K in rents while this happened.

http://www.usapts.net/cgi-bin/cct/pics/picture.cgi

Re: thought some you might enjoy this - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 13, 2002 at 18:43:03:

Jim Rayner--------------

Thanks for the artwork. At first I thought that the blinds pull cord was a police chalk outline. I guess it didn’t get that bad, huh?

Good Investing and Good CleaningRon Starr***

judgement - Posted by Anne_ND

Posted by Anne_ND on July 13, 2002 at 12:31:22:

I remember a post from a few years ago where the landlord went to the trouble to get a judgement against the college-student tenants who trashed his house. Five years later the now-businessmen/lawyers/salespersons who wanted to buy their own house called him up to pay off the judgement so they could qualify to buy their own houses. Something to think about.

Anne

Re: thought some you might enjoy this - Posted by Scott Ewing SW MIch

Posted by Scott Ewing SW MIch on July 13, 2002 at 11:57:43:

Friend of mine who has properties near Western Michigan University has the parents sign on with the students as joint and several, guess what? No damages since. Hello, Mr. & Mrs. Smith? You know that place your son/daughter rented from me…

Geez, and I thought… - Posted by Michigan Andy

Posted by Michigan Andy on July 12, 2002 at 21:32:50:

I was the only one having that kind of fun. Glad to hear scumbags are not ONLY living in West Michigan.

AJ

Re: thought some you might enjoy this - Posted by JoeKaiser

Posted by JoeKaiser on July 12, 2002 at 21:24:40:

The reefer reminds me of a buddy’s story about a Section 8 tenant he was meeting to return her deposit. She’d recently vacated and her share of the monthly rent was something like $20.

When they looked at the reefer and saw it was a mess, he refused to return her deposit. She was adament that “there must be some kind of government agency that will come and clean this thing for you.”

Good grief.

Joe

Re: thought some you might enjoy this - Posted by waynepdx

Posted by waynepdx on July 12, 2002 at 20:34:50:

It looks like you got some free stuff to go along with it, a mini fridge-lazy-boy, stereo, and nintendo…oh and a vacumn cleaner.

I hope you had renters insurance on the place.

Re: thought some you might enjoy this - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 12, 2002 at 20:23:41:

Uhhh, I think I’ll pass on the student housing gig. More like student hosing. Is there anything that was left untouched?

The lipstick kisses on the wall were a nice touch. Wonder what the story was behind that? Nevermind, I think I figured it out.

nope andy, there are plenty of… - Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI)

Posted by Brian M. Powers(MI) on July 12, 2002 at 22:07:55:

…people like you living on the east side as well.
LOL!
hope all is well.
BMP