Time to talk about John Behle.... - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ben on February 02, 2000 at 17:47:41:

Hi Michael–

Had a nice chat with you today. Thanks for the info. Thanks to CREonline and posts like yours I have learned quite a bit about this industry. I am very confident in your abilities.

Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on February 02, 2000 at 09:52:52:

Time to talk about John Behle?.

The first thing I would like to do is clear the air about Mr. Behle’s name.

I have heard people pronounce it either, Beal or Beal-ly.

It is pronounced, Bailey, and spelled Behle.

First of all I don’t want to make it sound like I’m really close to John. Because
I’m not. That doesn’t mean that some day we can’t be. It’s just, we’ve never had
an opportunity to.

As a matter of fact at the beginning of our relationship we had a major blow out.
I can assure you, that wasn’t my intention.

Last year at the Dallas convention, John made it a point to run into me, as I did him.
We had lunch, and I think we both needed that to clear the air, because we realized
that, neither one of us was a bad guy.

As I looked across the table at lunch, I saw a hansom, intelligent, knowledgeable,
kind, and gentle man. I found out later that John is a religious family man as well,
which just adds to why he is so giving.

There is one thing I want to make curtain, and that’s not to confuse John’s gentleness,
with weakness. I consider John to be a Power House, spelled with a capital P.

If you get into a verbal exchange with this man, there is a good chance you’ll lose.

But there is one thing I have for Mr. Behle, and that is R-E-S-P-E-C-T, Respect.
And I mean a lot of respect. I watch him work with people, and have been jealous
of how they speak of him, as though he were a god.

KNOWLEDGE, is what Mr. Behle has, lots and lots of it. I watched John answer
questions for you folks, making sure that he had covered everything he could possible
think of to help you.

I want you to know that when John answers a question, he’s not only giving you his
knowledge, but in his sharing, you know it’s coming from his heart.

You people mean something to this man, he’s not doing it just for the money.

As I said before, my relationship with Mr. Behle in the past, has been as a collogue
on this news group. But with John’s kindness, and attitude to help people, you
can’t help but like him, and I do.

John’s contribution to this site, is another thing that makes it so great.

Mr. Behle, I tip my hat to you, and thank you, for sharing this time and space.

Ed Garcia

Well what do I say - but thank you - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on February 03, 2000 at 13:50:36:

All the comments are very kind and the timing was good. The last couple weeks my health has been a big challenge and concern. Yesterday was a bit of a low moment as I wondered what the future looks like for me.

I do what I do because I enjoy it, not for any praise or recognition. Yet, the feedback that it does help and makes a difference is very nice to hear.

Thank you everyone. It came at a good time and is very much appreciated.

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on February 03, 2000 at 12:42:05:

I can?t add anything to what has already been said other than to totally agree with the observations and sentiments about John. I am fortunate enough to have purchased his home study materials and attended one of his five-day workshops. You can?t ask for a better teacher!! He is truly an inspiration.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

ACME = John Behle. (nt) - Posted by FJW

Posted by FJW on February 03, 2000 at 12:12:21:

nt

One of the best, no doubt about that - Posted by Jack Stivers

Posted by Jack Stivers on February 03, 2000 at 11:36:14:

Every appropriate accolade has been expressed, so I can only add to this well-deserved face-licking exercise that my experience of John Behle is that he is a generous, caring, and patient man. He has been an extremely positive influence on many people, my wife and me included. Thanks, again, John. The best is yet to come, so don’t forget to take care of yourself.

Jack Stivers

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by CarolFL

Posted by CarolFL on February 03, 2000 at 11:34:31:

Wow, we leave town for a few days, and look what happens!

We can but add our acknowledgment and thanks to all the others. John has quietly been a beacon to Dennis and me. We aspire to nothing better than to be worthy of the teachers who have been put in our path … and that includes Ed as well as John!
Carol and Dennis

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on February 03, 2000 at 09:55:57:

Ed:

I couldn’t agree more with your post on John Behle. I always read his informative posts both here and on the cashflow newsgroup. Mr. Behle’s posts are treasure cove’s of information.

JPiper

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on February 02, 2000 at 22:51:16:

You all have said what I wanted to say so I will say just that if you really want to put your business into high gear then you MUST attend John’s “Abundance and Prosperity” workshop.
I am not sure if there are seats available but if there are, BE THERE! It starts at 9am on Thursday, Feb. 24th (the day before CREOnline Convention). His workshop will lay the foundation to a prosperous business.

John, has not only given his time and knowledge away to those that want to learn but he has a sincere desire to help people help themselves. He truely is a man that I want to emmulate.
John, you have taught me quite a bit. Now I just have to learn more about notes… 8^)

Good Health to you and your family, my friend.

Sincerely,
John Bittel

PS: I look forward to seeing you again in Atlanta.

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Brad

Posted by Brad on February 02, 2000 at 22:48:38:

When I saw Ed’s post about John and saw that his name
was pronounced “Bailey” it made me think of the
“George Bailey” that Jimmy Stewart played in
“It’s a Wonderful Life”.
You know, the one about how the world would be a different place without him!!
We’ve learned a lot from you John.
Thanks

He’s a must read… - Posted by Chris (FL)

Posted by Chris (FL) on February 02, 2000 at 21:49:39:

Perhaps one day I’ll understand a greater portion of what he’s trying to get across.

May the road rise to meet him , and the wind be always at his back …

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on February 02, 2000 at 20:47:03:

John has had a huge influence on me in many ways both personal and professional in 1999 and may be the person who layed the most foundation at a critical time for the years to come.

He was the catalyst of my retrenching, retreating, and re-evaluating my entire life (during late 1999), and how I would tackle the world and life, in general. He has certainly been a mentor to me in his own inimitable style and gained a friend for life.

As we go forth into the 21st century, I sit back and reflect on what a positive note I ended 1999, a year which could have been called one of the most difficult.

He is wise beyond his years. I can only hope I can be so wise when I reach his age.

He’s the greatest! =) - Posted by Jim-WI

Posted by Jim-WI on February 02, 2000 at 18:09:28:

I am also looking forward to meeting John in person in Atlanta. Only good things have ever been spoken to me about John. Thank you for your knowledge John and I look forward to a beneficial working relationship in the future!

Jim

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Lonnie

Posted by Lonnie on February 02, 2000 at 17:49:36:

Ed,

What an excellent post to a great man. Some of my first lessons when I started learning about notes and paper, were learned from John. He?s truly a legend, and has probably forgotten more than most of us will ever know. There are very few people who are willing to donate as much time and knowledge to helping others, as John.

Thanks John. See you in Atlanta. And dinner is on me.

Lonnie

P.S. Ed, I think everyone will agree with me…you?re a pretty special kind of guy yourself.

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by William, Columbus, OH

Posted by William, Columbus, OH on February 02, 2000 at 15:33:37:

I would like to echo the comments of others about John Behle. He is one of the most unique and giving humans
I have met, learned from and admired. I have NEVER known anyone to give so much VALUE (relative to investment) to his students.

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on February 02, 2000 at 13:27:26:

Ed:

You are always on the mark!

I cannot thank John enough for his continued participation and giving spirit with CREOnline.com.

For those of you who don’t know, John was one of my mentors back in the “70’s”, when I was wet behind the ears. His paper concepts and high moral approach to the game has inspired me and helped to put thousands of dollars in my pocket!

I can only thank the real estate gods, that we had a nice conversation a few years back that led to his current involvement.

JP and I thank you John, for being who you are.

Terry Vaughan

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Michael Morrongiello

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on February 02, 2000 at 12:52:51:

I have known John Behle for well over a decade. His creative insight into financing along with the paper business can run the gamut from a basic foundation level all the way up to pushing the envelope into “Warp Speed” overdrive.

He offers up a variety of alternative approaches to using paper and tying it into real estate that many other so called “gurus” still can’t figure out. I find this type of “cutting edge” thinking refreshing as it spurs thought among us all.

Remember it is the IDEAS that are worth FAR more than money. Creative IDEAS are a lot harder to come by. Money is everywhere for a good deal but to be able to create a conceptual IDEA that becomes profitable takes talent.

I’ve always admired John for his talent in those areas.

Michael Morrongiello

Re: Time to talk about John Behle… - Posted by Judy Miller - American Note

Posted by Judy Miller - American Note on February 02, 2000 at 12:13:44:

John Behle is one of the most informed, intelligent, prepared, giving souls in the paper business. I just want to check in on this point because he is such a unique individual who has provided so much to all of us in this industry, whether smaller brokers or larger investors. His ethics, values and creative knowledge far outshines those that talk and teach, but don’t have a real clue. I am personally looking forward to sitting “at his feet and learning” in Atlanta.

Judy Miller

Re: Time to talk about John Behle…& Ed Garcia! - Posted by Jim LaVerdi

Posted by Jim LaVerdi on February 02, 2000 at 11:11:13:

Ed,

I do not know John, but in your letter you have taught me much about him. It is great to know that such individuals are out there. You, Mr Garcia are another great knowledgeable individual yourself. You have answered many posts on this site with RESPECT to the individuals requesting advise from someone that’s been around. You have helped many yourself! . By reading your post on Mr. Behle, and reading your post replys on this newsgroup to others it is very clear that you are a great man too. Don’t think for one minute that your help goes un- noticed either Ed, because it doesn’t. I see it all the time and commend you for it sir. We need more just like you. Thanks for being here when we need you! You’r e a great contributor.

Sincerely,
Jim LaVerdi