tin tiles - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on July 27, 2003 at 07:03:41:

No, I still don’t have that one. Seller is still playing games.

My computer died 2 weeks ago and I’ve been so busy at that house, that I didn’t have time to get it fixed until yesterday.

Michaela

tin tiles - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on July 26, 2003 at 13:16:54:

Just thought i’d give this link, if anybody else here likes to use special acessories to create character in a house.
(for example: use tin tiles as a backsplash in a kitchen)
http://www.mbossinc.com/store.htm

michaela

Re: historic reproductions? - Posted by dell-ohio

Posted by dell-ohio on July 26, 2003 at 14:59:29:

I appreciate the information. We just bought an old three story hotel/restaurant. We are going to renovate and turn it into retail and apartments.

The lower level has tin ceilings in excellent condition except for the damage caused where some genius had attached flourescent lights. I found a tin ceiling match on the site you provided, Thank You!

The woodwork in the hotel is all in excellent condition as are the doors, window frames, trim and some of the other historic features. We are going to preserve everything feasible.

I am looking for a good source of kitchens, sinks, lavs faucets etc that fit the time period , late 1800,s reproductions are acceptable. Any help in finding a good source would be appreciated.

Sincerely

Dell-Ohio

Re: historic reproductions? - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on July 26, 2003 at 17:47:21:

Dell,

Are you looking for original used pieces or new reproductions?

For reproductions try www.vandykes.com . Get their catalogue - ‘Van Dyke’s Restorers’. Also www.rensup.com . which is 'renovators supply. The New reproductions, that they have aren’t cheap, though.

Here in Atlanta we have a monthly antique fleamarket, which has hundreds of vendors and I can find all kinds of stuff, from sinks to corbels or old house trim and doors and windows etc at low prices. People come from all over to buy and sell. If this is a goodsized project, as it sounds like, you may want to come down with a big truck and ‘load up’ ;-). I’m sure it would be worth it. You may have similar in your area. It’s called ‘Lakewood Antique market’ and is the 2nd weekend of the month (It really starts the Wednesday before)

You may also want to consider looking for antique dressers or things at yard sales and dropping a sink into the middle. It will give a nice antique touch and character and might be more economical than buying reproduction sinks.

Good luck, I love those old houses

Michaela

Hi Michaela - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 26, 2003 at 21:09:26:

I take it you finally took title to that house the judge awarded you and have started the renovations?

Haven’t heard from you in a hot minute…