tired.... - Posted by Michael

Posted by Rolfe K Mpls/StP on March 16, 2000 at 24:47:24:

Michael;

A few years back I was an Outward Bound Instuctor. Your post reminded me of those long days after days of backpacking. Tired.

Hang tough. Tomorrow is another day, and someday, though perhaps unbelievable, this one too will be a memory. At least you’ll make a buck or two, which is better than getting poked in the eye with a stick.

Keep going, and someday you may achieve your financial goals, secure, never having to patch a carpet agian. Trouble is, seems we can only get there by traveling this path.

There was a posting about Abe Lincoln here yesterday. Now there’s a fella that must have felt the same as some of us do from time to time.

Recently, I also felt tired. I used this site for inspiration, thinking of new ways to work smarter, not harder. Don’t know if it took or not, but I feel better.

Loud and Proud, Brother.

Good Luck. Rolfe

tired… - Posted by Michael

Posted by Michael on March 15, 2000 at 23:43:19:

11:30 PM and I have been up since 5…spent 2 hrs at my lonnie deal no. 1 trailer before work, then back out there after dinner tonight…painting over water stains, covering damaged wallboard, patching carpet I don’t want to replace…and to top it off, my cleaning lady discovered that the tub is cracked…I siliconed it and put the mat back down…this ain’t easy…ask my new wife…but I will be paid 8500 on a 3500 investment…I’ll send postcards from jamaica…our honeymoon is in May. Goodnight.

Re: tired… - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on March 16, 2000 at 22:23:39:

I remember those days, and I still have them, but now it’s because I enjoy getting into the dirt. The best part of getting into the grime is that you learn a whole lot about houses and what to look for BEFORE you buy… you learn costs better. You learn how long it really takes to replace a toilet. So, when you are further along in your RE career, you will be sharper with your workmen, sharper about the homes you invest in. There won’t be any wool pulled over your eyes.

I have a lot of people tell me to just hire ALL the work done. I’d make more money doing more deals faster. But darn it! I like to do it, sometimes !! LOL And it keeps me sharp.

When my husband was in the hospital last spring, a toilet tank broke in a rental. I called a plumber and they wanted $450.00 to replace the toilet ! Guess what? I was “sharp” from my experience in rehabbing, and I replaced the tank for $40.00 and got back to the hospital before the x-rays were dry !!! He forgave me for leaving him. hehehe

Good work. You’re on your way.

Laure :slight_smile: