Title Clouding - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by george on June 14, 2000 at 22:47:10:

If you have an intrest in a property such as a lien, mortgage, option, ect. you can go to the registrar and have it put in the records. Anyone doing a title search will take note of it.

Title Clouding - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on June 13, 2000 at 08:00:47:

How does one go about filing a memorandum to cloud the title? Should you do this with all properties that you are flipping? I hear this term a lot and was just wandering how to go about it and if there is a cost. I know in different states, different costs.

Thanks for your help.


Re: Title Clouding - Posted by dew

Posted by dew on June 15, 2000 at 18:08:59:

But make sure you have an INTEREST in a property before recording anything against it. The owner can haul you into court if you file and don’t have an interest (I think it’s called “slander of title”).