Title Company Question - Posted by John(Pa)

Posted by Michael Morrongiello on March 26, 2000 at 22:58:21:

John:
I have learned a lot over the years from the kind folks that provide title insurance. I would certainly establish a relationship with a competent title agent.

1. Tell them you invest in properties and intend on using them as your exclusive agent for title insurance. Then make sure you write into your offers whether buying or selling that your preference is to use Such n such title…

2. Many title companies will handle all of the esrow closings however in some states they cannot legally prepare legal documents (deeds, mortgages, note, etc) so it would be wise to establish a good relationship with the attorney who has a liason relationship with the title company of your own compentend Real Estate attorney.

3. There is sometime favoritism exhbited by the title companies towards a favored client over another. They also can provided customer service requests like retrieving recorded documents, doing quick prelim searches for you, etc.

Michael Morrongiello

Title Company Question - Posted by John¶

Posted by John¶ on March 26, 2000 at 21:15:07:

Thanks to all of you, I am gaining knowledge and getting closer to starting a REI career. I have a few questions about Title Companies.

1. Before making offers, should I build a relationship with a title company? If so, what should I tell them and ask of them?
  2. Will they handle the entire closing or should an attorney be involved?
  3. Other than a standard title search, how can they benifit a REI?
  4. I don’t know what else to ask you. Is there anything else I should know?
    Thank you in advance. You guys and gals are great.