Title/Deed - Posted by LeeA(GA)

Posted by RBlack on March 27, 2002 at 21:02:26:

I went down to the tax collector and they gave me a whole book on how to buy a mobile home. good information.

Title/Deed - Posted by LeeA(GA)

Posted by LeeA(GA) on March 27, 2002 at 16:52:32:

I have been reading this forum for 5 weeks now and have been out looking at possible deals. I have a quick question that I have asked several people (that I thought would know) and they have given me different answers. My question is: In Ga. does a mobile home have a deed like a house or a title like an automobile. If a title, is the selling/buying procedure the same as a autombile. I am excited about the possibilities I have seen. I just want to ensure that I have the correct knowledge of how to close a deal before I jump in.

Re: Title/Deed - Posted by GG(Ga)

Posted by GG(Ga) on March 29, 2002 at 20:33:38:

MH’s are just like autos in GA. I’ve sold two of them with owner financing before learning about this site or knowing it could be turned into a business. I just wanted to get rid of them. Where in GA are you?

Let your fingers do the walking - Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA

Posted by Dr. Craig Whisler CA on March 29, 2002 at 16:33:49:

Get out the yellow pages and call someone like a mobile home dealer, a real etate agent, a title insurance company, the motor vehicle department or whatever governmental agency regulates mobile homes. Any one of these probably can tell you how it is in your state.

Regards, doc

Re: Title/Deed - Posted by GerryH VA

Posted by GerryH VA on March 27, 2002 at 21:20:09:

Typically, a deed documents the land and improvements to the land. A mobile home, however, is a vehicle and has a title like any other vehicle. In VA, mobile homes are bought and sold just like vehicles (without the tags!). Some mobile homes in my state are deeded to the land which means that the Title was turned into the DMV and the deed was edited to reflect the mobile home as an improvement “tied” to the land. Don’t get too excited though, as most lenders still do not treat mobile homes like a house unless they are on a permanent foundation.

Good Luck

GerryH VA

PS: If you havent already, read Lonnie’s Book “Deals on Wheels.” Tells you everything you need to know.