Title "Peek" in Ohio - Posted by Adam Campbell

Posted by Ben (NJ) on August 15, 2003 at 12:20:59:

I don’t know if this company covers Ohio but I use www.superiorinfo.com. I can get instant on-line access to judgments, federal liens, foreclosures, bankruptcies etc. You may have to open up an account though.

Title “Peek” in Ohio - Posted by Adam Campbell

Posted by Adam Campbell on August 15, 2003 at 11:03:35:

As I call around looking for a Title “peek”, most companies are unfamiliar with this. They want to charge me $175+ to do a full title search. Am I asking for the wrong thing? I thought there was a $50-$75 “peek” that can be done quickly for investors. Is there some specific company that provides this service? Thanks.

Title “Peek” - Posted by Jimbo

Posted by Jimbo on August 16, 2003 at 11:54:08:

different areas use different names, but it is often called either a 1 owner search or a current owner search. Often times finance companies or lenders of second mortgages will use this less costly version of a search.

Re: Title “Peek” in Ohio - Posted by Brian M. (MD)

Posted by Brian M. (MD) on August 15, 2003 at 15:44:04:

Adam,
In Maryland what you are asking for is usually called a “bring to date”. The title co. will research the title back to when it last transfered. This should be when the current owner took title. They use to run between $50.00 and $75.00. I hope this helps.