Title Search Information

I have bought several properties at auctions but was lucky to have the tax office tell me there were no liens. I have not been stuck with liens or problems so far. I am now interested in bidding on a condo through a national auction company and I hate to pay an attorney to do a full title search since I don’t know if I will win the bid. I’m in NC. Does anyone know of a way to get the title checked out cheaper? Are their title companies that have agents that will do this? I hate to buy and find out there were problems. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Nancy(NC)

You can consult some local agents regarding this, they might have some idea how to go about this…

For property taxes, many counties have the tax information online. Some counties will give you the info over the phone. In my area (Colorado) you can get an official “certificate of taxes due” from the county for about $40. You’ll have to due a little research.

[QUOTE=BritneyR;892958]You can consult some local agents regarding this, they might have some idea how to go about this…[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with you local agent will help you in more better way.

Re: Public Records Online-Multi-State Search

I like to use the ‘Public Records Online’ feature via netronline and have done so for several years. Many cities and states have online access to records while others do not which can mean information is only available by walking in or through the mail. Good luck!

[QUOTE=Nancy(NC);892933]I have bought several properties at auctions but was lucky to have the tax office tell me there were no liens. I have not been stuck with liens or problems so far. I am now interested in bidding on a condo through a national auction company and I hate to pay an attorney to do a full title search since I don’t know if I will win the bid. I’m in NC. Does anyone know of a way to get the title checked out cheaper? Are their title companies that have agents that will do this? I hate to buy and find out there were problems. Thanks for any help or suggestions. Nancy(NC)[/QUOTE]

For this you have to take some guidance from a attorney that will help you out with a good result.