To all the DOUBTERS!!!!!!!! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on March 08, 2001 at 24:40:14:

John:

Thanks for the great comments and the story about your dad.

It is posts and friends like you that make our hearts sing every time we see that we have made a difference in someones life.

Often we get tired and fed up, dealing with the challenges of keeping this site going. I throw up my hands and say to myself, I don’t need this! I can spend my time much more effectively doing deals!

Then a post is made like yours and we suddenly remember why we are “really” doing this.

Thanks again.

See you in Atlanta!

To all the DOUBTERS!!! - Posted by Terry Vaughan

Posted by Terry Vaughan on March 06, 2001 at 23:30:24:

Some people keep asking Russ Whitney to “prove” his message by posting the names of Millionaire students.

Absurd!

This is like having someone ask us at CREOnline for a list of people who have “really” made money with the books and courses we sell. Then we provide the list and the response is, “no, I mean the “real” list!”

Then we point to all the success stories (http://www.creonline.com/success.htm) and the response is - “No, I want to see the “real” stories, not the phony ones you put up for us to read.”

Then I, as a teacher, point out all the different ways to be successful with the ideas and concepts I use every day and the response is, "No, I don’t want to hear the “sales pitch” to buy your book, I want the “real” ideas, that “really work!”

It never ends! Why should I waste my time?

Why is it people are so ready to “disbelieve”? Why do I not take the time to provide all my successful students and parade them around for you to touch and feel and probe and test?

Because you will just say to me, "where are the “real” students, not the phony ones, the shills, you bring out to sell me with??

It gets old! Because, after you have been in this game a long time (Since the ?70s for me) and know from experience what works and what won?t, you recognize that first hurdle that you (me) had to over come in the beginning, “DOUBT”.

Doubt is the first tall obstacle to over come! Doubt kills more ideas and new beginnings than all “real” obstacles combined! And, it’s EVERYWHERE!

Your friends, parents, co-workers, even strangers! Everyone KNOWS it can’t be done.

A close friend of mine in the early ?80s (Don) wanted me to show him how to make more money. He liked the idea of real estate and asked me to teach him what to do.

I showed Don a few ideas, and he MARCHED with those ideas. He didn’t say, “Terry show me the “real” ideas.” He didn’t say, "Terry give me the names of other friends who you have taught so that I know what you teach me is “real”. He just TOOK the ideas at face value and BOOKED! He made a few mistakes, sure, but finally nailed his first deal. He made $16,000.00 on that deal.

Don was so excited! He wanted to share his newly found knowledge with his family. I went along as Don drove over to his father’s house. There on the diner table, with copies of the transaction spread before him, Don walked his father through the transaction. Finally, with a proud flourish, Don whipped out a copy of the $16,000 check he had just deposited that day and set down in front of his father.

Don and I waited for the response from his father as he looked over all the papers and rubbed his chin. Finally he raised his eyes to his proud son and said, “You can’t do it that way.”

Don’s mouth fell open! After a moment, he said, “Dad, I don’t think you understand. I’m showing you how I have already done it! Here’s the proof!” He pointed to the check.

His dad shook his head and said, “I don’t care what you are showing me, it can’t be done that way!”

My good friend, Don, never did another deal. He knew it could be done, but he let the influence of an ignorant man take him off the track. For years afterward I would tell Don he should do some more deals and increase his net worth and secure his future. He would say, “I will, one day”.

He finally did another deal, many years later. After his father died. What a waste of time.

Why do people like Russ and I succeed? Because we know the power of knowledge! We know that a single idea or twist of an idea, if applied, can make you all the money you will ever need!

I started with the same two books Russ did, “How to Awaken the Financial Genius Inside You!” by Mark O’Haroldson and “Nothing Down” by Robert Allen. Those two books made me hundreds of thousands of dollars! But ONLY because I took those ideas and APPLIED them! I didn’t send a letter to Bob or Mark and demand to see a successful student. In fact, I hoped that none of their students had made a dime! I hoped they were all too stupid to see the GENIUS in the words of those books! I didn’t want any competition! I didn’t need anyone holding my hand, holding me back! I knew, just like Russ, that the ideas and MY ATTITUDE could over come any doubt or obstacle in my path. Because I now had in my head the KNOWLEDGE of how to get there! I had the most valuable commodity there is!

I hope you and others who are doubters will not succumb to the constant negative doubt that surrounds us all the time. You will find, after you have become good at this investing thing, that doubt will become a thing of the past. It will become your habit to cast doubt aside and KNOW you can do what ever it is you want. You will live your life with the habit of success! A habit you will have ingrained in your body as all successful people like Russ Whitney and others like him have done also.

Re: To all the DOUBTERS!!! - Posted by JohnB_NJ

Posted by JohnB_NJ on March 07, 2001 at 23:30:10:

Terry,

Excellant post. You, of course, hit the nail right on the head.
I will never forget my first CRE deal. Like your friend, Don, I too laid out my deal to my father. I showed him my $16,376 check. I walked him through my deal.
He looked at it and ask me where I learned how to do this. I told him I found a website and I had read everything on that site (I didn’t have 2 nickles to rub togethor to buy a course…so I read all the How to Articles). I told him about how I sold some of my personal items to get to a Convention that everyone on the website said was an event not to be missed. I never doubted the “doers” on your site. I used the information I gathered and “ran with it”.
So, after telling my Dad about how I learned how to do that deal he looked at me and said, “John, this is probably illegal and most people just don’t give away information…be careful. I still think you should ask for your JOB back…just to have some financial security.”
Well, I was a bit disappointed. I was hoping for a response like this…“Great job, son. I am proud to see you have found something you enjoy doing. You don’t need no stinkin JOB. I admire your courage and your will to succeed.”
But when I look back on that day, I have to say he did me a favor…I now had to prove that I was in this business to stay and I was going to make my dreams come true without going back to my boss and begging for my JOB back.
So, this month is my 2 year anniversary and I am happy to say my dad now believes in me and my abilities (he did all along but was afraid to give me is approval because he was a doubter…He was stuck in a JOB for 40 years…OUCH!.. and that’s all he knew.)

So, Terry, thanks for sharing your story about your friend. And thank you for all you and your wife have done for me and my family by providing this site and teaching me. I was listening!

Of course my success was aided by many giving people on your site as well. They know who they are and I sincerely thank each and every one of them.
Mr. Whitney, I am looking forward to reading your posts. Thank you for sharing your vast knowledge and years of experience. (And thanks HR for letting me know that RW was on NGII)

See you in Atlanta.

Sincerely,

John Bittel - NJ

PS: To the Doubters: In 2 years time I have a net worth of nearly .5 million dollars. 2 years ago I had a net worth of…well, my 84 rusty mustang was paid in full…so, 200 bucks… STOP DOUBTING and START DOING…and have fun doing it!

Doubters are just doing their job - Posted by George

Posted by George on March 07, 2001 at 01:20:10:

It does not matter if Russ Whitney produces many testimonials, “doubters” are going to question them. Already some Whitney students had post positives, but “doubters” don’t see them…they keep asking “give me a sign and we’ll believe” (Where did I hear this before?)

Why? They are called “the doubters” because they doubt, and it is their job to question…very few will change their “profession”, they will never open their minds to possibilities…

There is another group called the “believers” these are the ones who open their minds. Many will go to the next level “the doers” these are the 5% who will earn 95% of the profits…

Some will stay as “believers” knowing what is possible, but without a strong why that can motivate them to act…Some will blame others and circumstances for their failures failing back and joining “the doubters”…

I could go on and on, but I guess I expressed my point…