To all those at the Convention - Posted by Max-Va

Posted by Adrian on May 25, 2006 at 10:04:06:

Dam I missed it, you mean newbies are allowed j/k
yeah I would have loved to have gone. I will be sure to go next year.

To all those at the Convention - Posted by Max-Va

Posted by Max-Va on May 22, 2006 at 23:23:12:

I wish to thank you for the great time.
I spent many years studying and investing. My wife was always supportive but distant and disinterested. She was always impressed when I got a check. I pushed her into coming to Atlanta with me. The convention changed her. She has been reading my materials and courses ever since we got back. Today her day off she left the house about 9 AM and was gone most of the day. She had been out looking at properties. When she found one that looked like it needed some maintaince or repairs she stopped and knocked on doors. She came home with names addresses and even pictures. She found some motivated sellers and I belive she might have found a deal or two. She promissed to meet the sellers tomorrow (2 appointments) so I could view the property and close the deals.
Because of the insperation from the convention and all those we met and talked too, I have a partner that wants to be a partner. Now my wife is a birddog. LOL
The last couple weeks our conversations have been about REI. It is great.
Thank you all for being great people who are willing to share and encourge and motivate even the disinterested.
JP sign us both up for next year

Re: To all those at the Convention - Posted by Adrian

Posted by Adrian on May 24, 2006 at 23:29:11:

What convention are you talking about??

Be careful what you wish for! - Posted by Natalie-VA

Posted by Natalie-VA on May 23, 2006 at 13:11:21:

Hi Max,

My husband and I have been full time REI partners for over six years now. We have been very successful, but it’s very difficult to work together when you’re married. After a while, REI is ALL you talk about.

Make sure you both remember what’s REALLY important and keep separate interests outside of REI. We almost forgot all that, but luckily came to our senses.

Good luck!

–Natalie

Re: To all those at the Convention - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on May 23, 2006 at 07:54:30:

That’s great! I wish I could get my wife more interested. All she knows is that REI is what keeps me busy when I’m not at my JOB. I guess it also keeps me from hanging out at the bars! I’m pretty small-potatoes, but she hasn’t even seen the last four houses that I have bought, though I try to show them to her.

Having a partner who is a partner is probably great for motivation and I’m sure it doesn’t hurt to have another interest to share and talk about!

Re: To all those at the Convention - Posted by John Corey

Posted by John Corey on May 23, 2006 at 04:49:11:

Max,

This is a great story. The convention can inspire people and I am glad to hear that your wife and you are rowing in the same direction.

Continue to capitalize on the momentum and that will really solidify the future.

John Corey

Re: To all those at the Convention - Posted by Max-Va

Posted by Max-Va on May 25, 2006 at 08:22:19:

The creonline convention in Atlanta the first weekend of May. Do Not miss next years.