To Incorporate or not - Posted by John (NC)

Posted by John (NC) on April 19, 1999 at 09:42:26:

Thanks. Fast and Informative. What a great place.
The article, however, didn’t get into credit considerations. From a liability standpoint I think it is clear. But will my idea to get good credit quickly work by incorporating under a type S or LLC? Or does my personal credit rating affect the corporation in these cases? Anyone?

To Incorporate or not - Posted by John (NC)

Posted by John (NC) on April 19, 1999 at 08:49:57:

Hello all. I am new to your site but have found it very informative so far. I was wondering if someone could give me their informed opinion about whether or not I should incorporate. I am considering part time real estate investing and have no money and pretty slow credit. Nothing terrible, just alot of late pays. I thought it might be easier to build good credit quickly by incorporating and building credit under the company name. For simple corporations (type S) is the corporation’s credit affected by the shareholder(s)? Are there drawbacks on the investing side to operating as a corporation rather than as an individual? Any opinions on this are appreciated. Thanks.

Re: To Incorporate or not - Posted by LeBaron (KS)

Posted by LeBaron (KS) on April 19, 1999 at 09:28:39:

Welcome to the world of real estate investing. This site is a blessing for newbies, such as myself. To answer your question check out this page http://216.46.238.11/articl96.htm

It will answer some of your questions about incorporating. Hope this helps.

LeBaron (KS)