To Notarize, or not to Notarize... - Posted by tb

Posted by Bud Branstetter on November 05, 2000 at 21:35:09:

I get the signatures notarized. If they have a notary law where you are get a neighbor or friend to be a notary. Do you laws allow the trustee to also be a notary that notarizes their signatures.

To Notarize, or not to Notarize… - Posted by tb

Posted by tb on November 04, 2000 at 18:59:22:

Hello all Creonliners who have taken the time to read this and respond. Thanks in advance for your help! : -)

Just putting together several hundred Land Trusts for a deal (buying out developer`s share of community) and was wondering…

Since these Land Trusts (Bronchick`s LT Course material) WILL NOT be recorded, is notarization necessary? From what I understand, technically, notarization is only necessary when one intends upon actually recording the Land Trust. Yes, no?

Any help, advice or comments are appreciated! Thanks!

Re: To Notarize, or not to Notarize… - Posted by WilliamGA

Posted by WilliamGA on November 04, 2000 at 20:19:53:

tb,

I get all of my Land Trust docs notarized. Very cheap insurance against someone saying later that they really didn’t sign those documents. They don’t even charge for notary services here anymore.

Get 'em notarized!

WilliamGA

Re: To Notarize, or not to Notarize… - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on November 04, 2000 at 19:51:50:

Why wouldn’t you record them?

Re: To Notarize, or not to Notarize… - Posted by Marty Weisberg

Posted by Marty Weisberg on November 04, 2000 at 19:21:01:

For my money whether it is legally necessary, I believe it is important to have them notarized. It is great protection against someone coming back and saying it is not their signature. It could save your butt in court. I think it is good insurance.

Marty

Re: To Notarize, or not to Notarize… - Posted by tb

Posted by tb on November 04, 2000 at 20:25:44:

Thanks for the heads-up William. I hear ya, I was just wondering what everyone else on the board does. Not to mention that were talking about 120 LTs (yep 120) and the fact that I`m outside the U.S. always makes me wonder.

Thanks again buddy and I`m looking forward to paying you back all of those beers I owe you. Or was that sushi and sake . . .

Take care and may a thousand motivated sellers becon at your door (or cell phone as it were LOL)

tb

Re: To Notarize, or not to Notarize… - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on November 04, 2000 at 20:10:33:

If you record the trust, it kind of defeats the purpose on putting it in a trust in the first place. A land trust is designed for annonymity. Recording lets everyone know who owns it and on what terms.