To other loan officers: ideas on generating leads - Posted by Steve

Posted by Bob on February 05, 2002 at 12:35:29:

Im very interested in learning how to purchase of these machines. Please email me and let me know

To other loan officers: ideas on generating leads - Posted by Steve

Posted by Steve on February 04, 2002 at 18:56:02:

I am new in the loan business, been working for a reputable mortgage broker since October 2001. The broker employs a few people who generate leads for us (refinancing, first time homebuyers, investors, and debt consolidation). Lately the leads have slowed up and I would like to generate more leads on my own. Any ideas and experiences that other loan officers care to share? Do you contact realtors? Data banks? Title companies? I understand how important networking is in this business but what is the best way to get started? I have considered investigating pre-foreclosure lists at the courthouse to see if it is possible to help people behind in payments by refinancing (if they have any equity) and helping them keep their homes. Anyone experienced with this method or similar approaches?
Thanks for your help. Hopefully we can exchange ideas.

Re: To other loan officers: - Posted by Shane

Posted by Shane on February 05, 2002 at 21:10:31:

Does anyone out there ever listen to those telemarketing machines? Maybe in 1970 when they first came out and people didn’t know what to make of them. Today we all know how to hit the disconnect button and block an unwanted call. A loan officers best referral source is his own two feet and his mouthpiece. Get out on the streets and talk about mortgages with anyone and everyone you run into. You should be discussing mortgages with your barber, your neighbor, your corner grocer, and anyone else you come into contact with. Don’t worry stick to it and eventually the leads will be more than you can handle. Shane

Re: ideas on generating leads - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on February 04, 2002 at 20:49:02:

Hi Steve,

I am not a loan officer anymore but the mortgage company I use to do loans for bought a telemarketing machine that made 2600 calls per 8 hours of runtime. When interest dropped the first time we were getting 100-150 leads per week that were hot leads that responded favorably to the scripts from the autodialer.

I can help you out finding something like this if you think it will work for you, contact me.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

Re: To other loan officers: HERE HERE great advice - Posted by doug rink

Posted by doug rink on February 10, 2002 at 23:28:16:

YES!