To place Florida personal residence in land trust - Posted by leslie - florida

Posted by leslie - florida on November 30, 2002 at 23:32:53:

That’s good news. I will check it out quickly. Thanks so much for your help.

To place Florida personal residence in land trust - Posted by leslie - florida

Posted by leslie - florida on November 30, 2002 at 13:40:36:

I wonder if anyone in Florida has had experience with putting a personal residence into a land trust. I recently bought a condo which I would like to place in a land trust. I have been told that it is a problem if you want to claim the homestead exemption, and the residence is not in your name on the deed. Could that be true? I’ll be grateful for any guidance I can get on this.

Re: To place Florida personal residence in - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on November 30, 2002 at 21:10:16:

I live in Florida and my homestead is in a trust. I also had my prior residence in a trust when I lived in another Florida county. The property appraiser will want to make sure you have a beneficial interest in the trust, so you will have to provide them a copy of the necessary pages. Other than that, I’ve never had them make an issue of it.

buying a house already in a trust…questions - Posted by Gail Woodman

Posted by Gail Woodman on August 07, 2003 at 20:56:30:

I’m from Ca and it seems that this is a way to make a mortgage loan assumeable. I did a lease option and the owner has the house, which she got cheap from the last owner in a trust. If I pay her, can I take over paying the trust? Use the interest and other deductions off of my income tax? Be able to utilize the homestead deduction without problems. What did Rob mean by the “papers” and beneficial interest? I know I sure need a lawyer; but would appreciate any answers that people have. Is this legal. Will this pass to my estate when I die allowing my children to inherit? Anyone know any real estate lawyer, particularily in the tampa area? I’m in St Pete. Thanks