To the guy who asked about quitting... - Posted by Anon

Posted by Hunter on September 09, 2004 at 22:26:04:

I read your old post and at least half of the replies. Interesting stuff. I’m full time now only because my previous business failed (it had one last gasp and I drove a stake through it’s heart). I have $428.34 in my checking account and I need to make some money NOW! But I gotta tell ya, I’m not worried at all. With my first few flips I cleared up $20K in credit card and car payments and provided for my family (3 kids and one on the way) for a few months. Anyway it is exciting I enjoy it way more than any previous job or business I’ve had. This definitely feels like the business I want to be in and it is amazing what opportunities are coming my way.
So tell me what has happened with you in the last few years since your post with your difficult dilema.

To the guy who asked about quitting… - Posted by Anon

Posted by Anon on September 09, 2004 at 21:41:40:

To the guy who asked if anyone quit a $60K+ job:

I thought you might be interested in my post from 2001. Read the post, and all the answers. I ended up quitting my job to do real estate full time. If you’re interested I’ll post the results later.

Here’s the thread:

http://www.creonline.com/wwwboard/messages/arc_2000//mar00/64252.html

Please…Please… - Posted by IA Jeff

Posted by IA Jeff on September 11, 2004 at 21:53:35:

The suspense of the last 48 hours is killing me. This is worse than waiting all summer to find out who shot J.R.

Did you make the right decision? How have the last 3-4 years been for you?

Better post quickly… - Posted by Mobility

Posted by Mobility on September 10, 2004 at 20:58:26:

…or your response will be buried under a thousand posts. Having said that, I too am interested in your second installment.

Mobility

Re: To the guy who asked about quitting… - Posted by IA Jeff

Posted by IA Jeff on September 10, 2004 at 12:55:15:

I’m on the edge right now. Please post the next chapter!

Jeff

I can’t wait to hear the next chapter! - Posted by Lin (OR)

Posted by Lin (OR) on September 10, 2004 at 11:19:19:

Thanks for reviving your original post. There’s terrific wisdom and lots of different perspectives in the replies.

I don’t have a F/T JOB to quit, but I do work as a tax preparer part of the year, and I’m a mother to three young boys. I made more from my first RE deal than I had ever made working full time since I graduated from college. This year I made 25% more just doing Lonnie deals (3 deals, probably a total of 25 hours) than I make from my job in 520 hours. That certainly makes the decision about quitting my job more clear cut than someone who makes six figures.

Lin

Bring it on - Posted by Michael

Posted by Michael on September 10, 2004 at 24:34:37:

Anon,
I read your post of 2001, and all the replies. Although I enjoy my job, I occasionally consider the ‘diving in’ question. The advice you received 3 yrs ago, has lit a fire beneath me tonight. Please follow up here with the next chapter.
Michael