Tony's Book - Posted by Denny Pugh

Posted by Denny Pugh on July 09, 2007 at 19:12:14:

Tony,

I read it wrong…it wall $100.00 minimum and $200.00 preferred.

As far as the lot development, my dad did several of these years ago. I was amazed that the MH Dealers actually called him looking for available lots to place home’s they had sold but nowhere to put them. Still gets a call now and then. He is now 76 and the money from these self financed lots is still coming in.

Denny

Tony’s Book - Posted by Denny Pugh

Posted by Denny Pugh on July 09, 2007 at 11:31:08:

I read â??Investing In Mobile Homes With Landâ?? and have a couple of questions.

In one area I understood that you liked to clear +/- $200.00 per month on a unit. When I look over the valuation sheet however I see that you have used $140.00 per month ($1,680.00 / 12= $140.00). Why would this not be $2,400.00 ( $200.00 x 12 = $2,400.00) ??

I got interested in this area of investing as I looked into developing lots for new mobile homes to sell or rent to own…any thoughts on concentrating in this area only ??

Thanks
Denny Pugh

Where’s the book found? - Posted by John Merchant

Posted by John Merchant on July 14, 2007 at 07:40:14:

Hey Tony, where is your book to be found as I’d like to have a look at it.

I’d sure consider you one of the top 2 or 3 guys in the MH biz and I’ve learned a great deal from listening and reading your comments.

Although I’m remembering you out-fumbled me and caused me to have to buy my own drinks here and there…not easy to do with a cheap old guy like me. :wink:

Re: Tony’s Book - Posted by Tony Colella

Posted by Tony Colella on July 09, 2007 at 17:08:58:

Denny, I don’t have the example in front of me that you are referring to however I would not sweat it. The valuation sheet is for you to fill in your numbers from your market. This is just an example of how we think through the process.

As for development deals, they are a viable niche to focus on and I would almost encourage anyone developing to focus hard on that niche. Development can be a frustrating excercise in red tape management but usually once you have the basics down the rest gets easier. Be sure not to assume anything because even the full time developers get caught off guard now and then with zoning issues, inspections etc.

Tony