Too big for its own good bank? - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by JeneanNC on March 03, 2000 at 17:18:10:

I live in Raleigh!! The bank main number is
919-881-6200. I called the bank and the gentleman that answered said that they have a foreclosure team in the Raleigh branch at 919-852-7583 or 919-852-7584. Good Luck!!

Too big for its own good bank? - Posted by NB(ID)

Posted by NB(ID) on March 01, 2000 at 19:23:36:

I live in a very rural area. About 7 miles from here is a town of about 700 with a house that’s been empty all winter–it was a foreclosure. I got the bank name and address from the court house and sent them a letter with a picture of the house showing snow up over the eaves. However, I got my letter returned saying it needed an “internal” address even though I had put Attn: REO Department on the outside of the envelope.

Any suggestions?
Thanks–and angels on your body:)

Re: Too big for its own good bank? - Posted by Dave T

Posted by Dave T on March 02, 2000 at 06:42:14:

Is this a large national bank? If so, their REO group may be in another city/state.

For example, First Union National Bank has bank branches from Conn to FL and their investment arm has a presence in all 50 states. Their foreclosed property management group is located in Tulsa.

Re: Too big for its own good bank? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on March 02, 2000 at 03:39:15:

Nell-

A possibility is to call the bank’s customer service department and ask them if they have the contact information for the department which handles non-performing assets. See if the bank has a website to help with your search.

If you have used all means to find the person you need with no results I would finally send a letter to the bank’s president stating the problems you ran into trying to relieve the bank of a non-performing asset.

-Good Luck with your search, Chris

Which bank? nt - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on March 01, 2000 at 20:58:24:

Re: Which bank? NT - Posted by NB (ID)

Posted by NB (ID) on March 02, 2000 at 08:14:48:

I’m in Idaho, the bank is 1st Home Union Equity Bank in Raleigh, NC.