Too good to be true? - Posted by Kevin Miesner

Posted by Philip on September 22, 2003 at 23:12:47:

because you will probably get several!
But no one will be able to pay the payoff if it is a late model home.
Philip

Too good to be true? - Posted by Kevin Miesner

Posted by Kevin Miesner on September 22, 2003 at 21:42:25:

I have quite a little problem. My mother-in-law has been trying to sell her mobile home due to health issues and her inability to care for the home herself. She called someone who advertised on a local radio station as ‘buying distressed properties and mobile homes’. The jerk that contacted her as a ‘broker’ has now been hounding her to pay him $2000 to sell it for her when all she wanted was to GIVE it to someone for the loan payoff. I found this website while looking for some kind of governing body for brokers here in Florida around Tampa and perhaps found what I needed here. Can anyone advise me as to what avenues are open to correct this situation? He just doesn’t seem to take no for an answer.

Re: Too good to be true? - Posted by Kevin

Posted by Kevin on September 23, 2003 at 17:58:45:

Thanks to “Bobby Boy” for some good advice. I threatened him with legal action from the Senior Citizens Mobile Homeowners Association. He believed it and vowed to not call again.
To answer a couple of questions, yes the home is still for sale, it is a 1997 Homes of Merit and she is only looking for enough to move herself and pay off the mortgage.
The original post was seeking advice, not listing it for sale.

Re: Too good to be true? - Posted by Dave Fl.

Posted by Dave Fl. on September 23, 2003 at 05:33:18:

What is the home? 2 bedroom,3? How old and what is pay off? Where is it? In a 55+ park or on land? I may be interested.
Thanks

Dave Fl.