Too many leads too far afield - Posted by KP

Posted by Arthur on July 16, 2003 at 23:05:52:

I’m not saying post it here, what i would do is post asking investors in whatever states you deal with to contact you. Then when they e-mail you, you can continue your business off the forum. I don’t know if its against the rules, but i don’t see anything wrong with helping eachother out.

oh, and i’m from AZ :)…and actually plan on setting up a small online community for AZ investors can share info on deals, contractors, etc.

Too many leads too far afield - Posted by KP

Posted by KP on July 16, 2003 at 17:14:25:

I have a great source of leads from a mortgage co. I have done a number of deals from them already and looks like I could do more. The problem is that they don’t have enough in my local area. I’m in the Baltimore/DC area and I’m getting leads on people in default in PA, NC, SC,OH, MO, etc. I have some bird dog’s in some areas but I’m not sure that I can get all the info I need to make me feel comfortable in putting out my cash to buy the note without going there myself.

That aside, I am hoping that someone can give me some advice on how they would make good use of the great info I get.

Thanks in advance.

Great Luck,
KP

KP: How Were You Able to Get Leads from - Posted by Sharon(MO)

Posted by Sharon(MO) on July 18, 2003 at 12:19:32:

a Mortgage Company? I thought they couldn’t give out that type of information because it was confidential and illegal…Also I live in St. Louis, Missouri, if you have leads I would be interested.

Thanks for responding

Sharon(MO)

Re: Too many leads too far afield - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on July 16, 2003 at 18:28:24:

Sell the leads. Depending on how much is made, ask for a $500 finders fee. Easy money, for very little work.

Re: Too many leads too far afield - Posted by KP

Posted by KP on July 16, 2003 at 18:36:26:

Where? I haven’t seen any good forums for doing so.

Thanks for the great quick response.

Great Luck,
KP

Re: Too many leads too far afield - Posted by Arthur

Posted by Arthur on July 16, 2003 at 18:55:45:

Well, your at one of the best REI sites ever. This site would be a place to start. Start a thread stating the states you can get deals in, and i bet you will have plenty of interested people. if you had deals in my state, i’d be interested.

Draw up some details on the property, such as condition, price, FMV, repairs needed, potental profits, and if anyone is interested in a property you have listed, they can enter a contract with you. You could get them to state any deals they are aware of, that way they can’t turn around to you and say “Ah, i already knew about that, so i’m not paying you for what i already know”.

Just a thought!

Can you do that here? - Posted by KP

Posted by KP on July 16, 2003 at 21:29:11:

I would love to offer the specifics here but I understood that direct solicitations were not allowed.

Thanks for the input. And by the way what state are you in? LOL

Great Luck,
KP