Too Many People Doing Deals? - Posted by Rich

Posted by JEFF on November 19, 1998 at 05:44:33:

Listen to Tim. This man knows his business and offers his advice freely. By the way Tim, I have taken the first step in looking at prices in my area to see what, I’m up against. Next step is a visit to the Library and Barnes and Noble for some “free” reading.

Too Many People Doing Deals? - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on November 11, 1998 at 18:20:48:

With all the courses out there and with the popularity of the whole “no-money down” and “foreclosure” and “fixer-upper” thing, does anyone think that there are too many people out there now looking for the great real estate deals? Is it getting harder to find a good deal? Or do most people just read the books, take the courses and never bother to actually purchase properties? I’m interested in hearing from people who are actually looking for the deals, not about theories about might be going on. I’m wondering if there’s still room for me in this business!!!

Re: Too Many People Doing Deals? - Posted by Matthew Chan

Posted by Matthew Chan on November 24, 1998 at 23:55:03:

I do believe there are a respectable number of people doing it but not to the point where there isn’t room for me. It is a large world out there. In my opinion, most people simply don’t do it even after buying books and courses. Which is fine by me! More opportunities for me!

Re: Too Many People Doing Deals? - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on November 15, 1998 at 24:57:18:

There are a ton of people that buy courses, spend thousands on seminars, books and “systems” and 99% are so scared to make a deal, they’d rather die first. I have seen these people fail countless times, not from lack of knowledge, or whatever, but just plain od common FEAR. You can spot them here very easily. They will say they have heard of the Sheets (or whoever’s) course, but they are being “cautious”. If they are so “cautious” over spending $200 (with a money back guarantee), imagine what must go through their mind at the thought of spending $1000, or taking on a $100K mortgage.

I feel for these people, I really do, but fear is a powerful motivator, both for positive and negative action.

Re: Too Many People Doing Deals? - Posted by lebillma

Posted by lebillma on November 11, 1998 at 19:15:05:

95% people do nothing about what they read or even what they say they will do. Need I say more.