Too Quiet & Discouraging.. - Posted by Shelva

Posted by PeteH(NYC) on December 11, 1999 at 12:31:08:

In many ways, we have a lot to learn from babies and how they handle experience. Thanks for a thoughtful post.

Too Quiet & Discouraging… - Posted by Shelva

Posted by Shelva on December 10, 1999 at 22:54:08:

Hello all CRE Pros…

Maybe its just me…but have any one you pros been where I am ??

Brief: Bought Ron’s Fast Cash course…Really motivated and went thru the material and did the steps…put the ad etc…NO LEADs or nothing is happening…maybe it is the holiday season where it is a buyers market and less transations happening…

Got one call after an ad in about 750,000 total circulation publications for a week…the owner was rude and put me off completely…he wanted me to name the price of a property and refused to tell me what he wanted for it…! He said I name the price and he will then accept or not. For that he wanted me to come over and have a look at the house. Ofcourse this is not what Ron teaches…

Okay Fellow Mentors…I need help. I am so disspointed that there are no leads and I cannot seem to look beyond this ‘Cloud of Dissappointing Results’. Anyone been here? Any ideas to get over it and get up and go?

I was even eager to go to his January boot camp and was fully motivated to come to the February convention. Now I am beginning to get doubt lining on my Silver clouds…Help!

Shelva In Canada

Re: Too Quiet & Discouraging… - Posted by Rohan

Posted by Rohan on December 11, 1999 at 03:54:17:

First of all I can not take credit for the following quote. Some one else from this board posted it and I copied the quote.I do not remember who it was but thanks. Here it is:

“Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence
Talent will not - nothing in the world is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Genius will not - unrewarded genius us almost a proverb
Education will not - the world is full of educated derelicts
Persistence and determination are alone omnipotent”

• Calvin Coolidge

Re: Too Quiet & Discouraging… - Posted by William, Columbus, OH

Posted by William, Columbus, OH on December 11, 1999 at 01:43:10:

Shelva: First, let me say that you have an unusual and pretty name. I can feel your frustration and disappointment from your post. Please keep this in mind…everything is a learning experience. As a baby daily learns to get it’s needs met, crawl, then walk, we (as adults) should be prepared to do the same. The baby doesn’t get discouraged because it is not judging
it’s progress relative to others. It has not created any expectations of how fast things should be happening. We as adults set ourselves up to be sabotaged by our fear of failure (thanks to society and the school system, etc.)
Getting back to learning experiences…if you could witness the many times I blew an opportunity because of how I handled the intitial inquiry via telephone…
you would feel better. Initially I was heartsick. Then I remembered I was learning. From responding incorrectly I learned something I will never forget.
Good lesson! On to the next…and gradually I improved until I was good at it.
I have spent lots of money on advertising that produced absolutely nothing. I had to then wait until I accrued enough to try again. By chance I placed an ad that cost me only $10.00 a month and I have gotten more responses that I could have imagined. Never would have guessed it. There are spiritual laws that prevail in our lives and one of them is to detach from the outcome. We must trust that we are moving in the right direction and every event brings us closer to our desired goal. Just like babies trying to learn and grow…make it fun and challenging. When we want something we don’t have and insist on where it be found
and in what time frame…we create unhappiness. Depression comes from feeling deprived of something we want and do not have…and insisting where it be found.
The point? Let go of your demands and learn from your experiences…your are getting closer every day.
God loves you and so do I, may you be happy & well.

Re: Too Quiet & Discouraging… - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on December 11, 1999 at 24:45:12:

You know,Joe’s right.You got to hang in there.All it takes to get you really motivated is that one good deal.
Also keep in mind that you can’t really depend on just one means of advertising.If possible try to keep 3-4 going at all times.
Hang in there,it can only get better!

Re: Too Quiet & Discouraging… - Posted by Phillip (Chgo)

Posted by Phillip (Chgo) on December 11, 1999 at 15:38:23:

William,

You have no idea as to how badly I needed to read something putting forth such a wonderful way of thinking not only about real estate but life as well. Surely, you had me in mind when you wrote this because it fits me perfectly at this time giving not only a sense of coping (perspective-way of thinking) but suggest nothing but good for the future no matter what happens.

What a posting!!!

William, (Columbus, OH) Great post!!! (nt) - Posted by Lorna…FT. Worth, TX

Posted by Lorna…FT. Worth, TX on December 11, 1999 at 14:05:28: