Top 30 cities to watch - Posted by James CA

Posted by John on March 22, 2006 at 16:15:48:

Iowa City the post says top 30 not the bottom 30.
I think I was there a few years ago but must have missed it when I took a drink.

Top 30 cities to watch - Posted by James CA

Posted by James CA on March 22, 2006 at 10:51:38:

Check this interesting and somewhat accurate article out.

Cheers

Dangerous Info… IMO - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on March 23, 2006 at 10:02:18:

James:

The logical conclusion of an unskilled mind would be to say that the city that is No 1 on the list would stand to have the best performance in the next year, or two years… and so on… This is simply NOT true.

Part of the reason that these markets listed are so down on their luck is due to loss of jobs, high foreclosure rates, and other social problems. These issues aren’t likely to go away, hence rendering a healthy RE mkt… They will likely continue, and some analyst “who doesn’t know come here from sick-em” will churn these numbers into an article and feable, inexperienced minds will run out and look to engage in one of these markets, as the next gold rush. NOT.

Let me give you an example here… Rated at No 9, or tied for No 9 on the list is Cincinnati. The headline in this mornings newspaper, front page: “FORECLOSURES KEEP ON RISING”. Up 11.1% in the past year… Come-on Mr. writer of vast opportunities, get your checkbook out… and buy some RE… Ha-Ha… they know NOT.

Here is the rest of the article…

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060323/BIZ01/603230313

My point is simply, the info in your post about the article of top and bottom markets, should NOT be taken as the average mind will read it… It will lead many folks off the mountain, following the pied piper… IMO.

JT-IN

Recycled fluff - Posted by Anabell

Posted by Anabell on March 22, 2006 at 11:47:33:

Re: Top 30 cities to watch - Posted by DaveD (WI)

Posted by DaveD (WI) on March 22, 2006 at 11:31:29:

We never make any lists. We just go sideways forever. Probably why we don’t do crazy things like invest in condo pre-construction. Whatever. We don’t pay much attention to lists. Still keep plugging along and manage to do OK. Make the profit going in…

Re: Top 30 cities to watch - Posted by Patrick

Posted by Patrick on March 22, 2006 at 11:02:01:

its a good feeling to know that your town is #3 on that list. I live in Albuquerque NM

Re: Top 30 cities to watch - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on March 22, 2006 at 11:08:02:

For some reason, there isn’t an Iowa city listed. I don’t know how to feel!