Tough MH Market - Posted by Tyler

Posted by Dirk Roach on May 05, 1999 at 12:35:21:

Hi NT,
Where are you at?
Dirk

Tough MH Market - Posted by Tyler

Posted by Tyler on May 05, 1999 at 01:22:56:

Uhg.

Today I called around to about 50 parks, and found a common problem. My market is overwhelmed with new MH’s and parks. All the parks with older MHs, are trying to upgrade to newer ones, forcing the older ones out if they sell.

The problem? Nowhere to move them.

There are no parks that will take them, few with any open lots anyway.

Is there anything I can do in this market? What this area really needs, is a new park for older MHs that I could move all these to. There are tons out there for sale that are just sitting because no one can buy them…because there’s nowhere they can move them!!

Unfortunately, building a new park is out of the question in any of the surrounding areas. I checked.

So, I’m left with a problem, and no forseeable solution.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

NT

you could try ?? - Posted by BoB L.

Posted by BoB L. on May 05, 1999 at 13:23:44:

hi tyler:
I would ask wether there are vacancy’s, before mentioning the age of the unit.I have a 12 by 60 MH,are there any vacancys?Ask to look at the lot,and take pictures of the refurbished,cleaned up unit,(present these when talking to the manager/owner) Also always inquire as to wether the park has any unit’s for sale,(some of these are the best deals) pound on the owners problem,basically unrented lots = loss of income !! now if the market is that tight, I would look for newer repo’s (low ball cash offers) resell and carry the note. Most owners want to upgrade there parks, understandably,however,one common denominator in business is that people do business with those that pay promptly, with no headaches !

thanks
BoB L.