Townhouse rent rates in Greenbelt, MD? - Posted by GregoryMD

Posted by vern on October 27, 2003 at 22:40:20:

Greg,

You should be getting at least $1450…at least $1450. Your numbers are not unfair. Consider renting to a military person. Give the housing offices at Andrews, Bolling, and Ft. Meade a call.

Townhouse rent rates in Greenbelt, MD? - Posted by GregoryMD

Posted by GregoryMD on October 27, 2003 at 14:39:14:

I have listed my 3bd 2.5ba 1300sqft townhome for rent but having trouble determining the rent and I don’t want to go another few months in vacancy.

I asked my realtor what the comparable rents are and he says he saw one that’s been rented for $1650 down the street in Mandan Road, where my property is located, so he thought I can get about $1700. Says he can’t find anything else to compare to.

I listed it for about 2 months now and all I get are people with credit problems/bankruptcies who probably couldn’t find an apartment that accepts them. I really don’t want to rent to people with credit problems so I dropped it down to $1650 and still noone that qualifies. I dropped it another $50, still no one good even at $1550. My realtor says there doesn’t seem to be any comparable rents listed in RECENT days to get a feel for the actual market, so best we can do is to drop it down another 50 each week until it rents
but i kinda wanna rent asap without dropping down to some ridiculously low rate.

Does anyone know what the REAL rent rates are in the greenbelt, maryland area for similar townhomes?

Thanks,

Re: Townhouse rent rates in Greenbelt, MD? - Posted by Andrew

Posted by Andrew on October 29, 2003 at 12:45:41:

What do the 3/2 apartments rent for at Glen Oaks on Mandan? That’s your floor price and your main competition, BTW.

Most (not all) people that have decent credit could buy a similar townhouse for less than $1,700 per month. If they’re trying to save money then they rent an apartment for $500 less. So, there may not be much rental demand in that price range.

Vern had a good suggestion about the military, but NASA is right down the street and I think they have a paper you can advertise in.

Best of luck!