Trailers ? - Posted by PC

Posted by Todd(AZ) on August 28, 2006 at 09:29:27:

PC, An RV is a recreational vehicle that has an engine and is driveable, such as those you see the older “snowbirds” driving in to warm climates in the winter months. A mobile home is larger, no engine, and is what you see pictured in Lonnie’s books. Although the word “mobile” is in it, they usually are never moved once placed by a mobile home mover in a mobile home park. They are a minimum of 10’ wide (60’s models) and are too wide/big to just tow down the street by yourself with a pickup legally. Now, a TRAILER can get slightly confusing. Some people use that term for a travel trailer (8’ wide, towed by a pickup easily, no engine). Others, however, use the word interchangeable when they are describing a mobile home above. There you have it, as best as I can describe it. Todd (AZ)

Trailers ? - Posted by PC

Posted by PC on August 25, 2006 at 14:17:24:

Hi,

Can somebody please explain the difference between a mobile home and a trailer?

If a trailer is parked on a mobile home park does it become a mobile home?

How is a mobile home park different from a trailer park?

Regards,
Prashant.

Re: Trailers ? - Posted by Brenda (OH)

Posted by Brenda (OH) on August 25, 2006 at 16:21:08:

Hi Prashant,

Glad to see you are still learning the biz, despite being in the big city of Toronto!!!

another term you need to be aware of is “RV”, that one has a motor and a steering wheel… :wink:

on a more serious note, I visited a park that was mobile homes and RVs both. I wondered if they both were paying $325/month rent, which is what I was told the lot rent was there…

BB

Re: Trailers ? - Posted by John

Posted by John on August 25, 2006 at 15:46:47:

Well, I buy trailers and sell mobile homes/homes, I hope that helps you over your bump in the road and it should also help you to see the difference in price as well.

Re: Trailers ? - Posted by PC

Posted by PC on August 28, 2006 at 09:14:52:

Hi Brenda,

Thanks for your response. About your comment:

‘I visited a park that was mobile homes and RVs both’

My question was and still is, what is the difference between an RV, a trailer and a mobile home ?

Regards,
PC.

Re: Trailers ? - Posted by Ruben (KCKS)

Posted by Ruben (KCKS) on August 25, 2006 at 20:41:19:

John hit the nail on the head.

When talking to a seller it is an old trailer. Something not worth much so what will they take for all cash today.

When talking to your buyer it is a mobile home. An affordable option to renting and a home they can own in just X amount of payments. Now how much down do you have and how much can you afford a month?

Sorry I am showing my latest rehab to a couple of prescreened customer’s tomorrow and was just getting my selling groove on.

Good luck.

Ruben D. Flores