Training Class question - Posted by Mike Reilly

Posted by Carol on June 04, 2000 at 06:51:38:

Really can’t address your question about the other training, but I can about John’s materials and training.

Once you get through ‘wearing out’ the materials, and spending 5 days at the boot camp (which is not partially underwritten, it is FREE), you will be well armed to find, broker, buy, sell, improve, notes.

I would suggest spending the extra time now with the video and written materials, and worry about “more” note training afterwards if you feel inspired.

my 2 cts.
Carol

Training Class question - Posted by Mike Reilly

Posted by Mike Reilly on June 03, 2000 at 17:12:52:

I’m coming to John Behle’s 5-Day Training in July. I have my plane tickets and am ready to go. I got a letter in the mail for a weekend “Beginning Note Broker Class”(J. Richards / H. Harenberg) in Florida next week, by Noteworthy Newsletter and Metropolitan Mortgage. I think they also do training things with John Behle too, but I’m not sure. It’s low cost, $250, but the plane/hotel cost would bring it all to about $900.

I’m new to all this and want to be careful with my money. I hadn’t really been thinking about being a mortgage broker, but I guess I should leave options open. Plus the course would give important information and might provide connections for funding real estate, and sometimes selling notes.

Do you think this would be an important course to go to, and then go to John’s in July, or would it be best to save my money for now. (I would like to go to Ed Garcia’s / Terry Vaughan’s course if they can have it again after Sept 29th - end of army fiscal yr.)

Thanks,

Re: Training Class question - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on June 04, 2000 at 06:57:00:

Mike, please check my post to Mark for some reponse which is pertinent to your question too.

In addition, let me add that they are talking about brokering NOTES not MORTGAGES.

We have attended Ed and Terry’s workshop and would highly recommend it. But take the time NOW to work on the note material you have from John, really get comfy with it, and the boot camp will pull it all together and give you the opportunity to gain some confidence in the area.

I’m sure the Richards program is very good. I have a sneaking suspicion that they will cover NOTHING in the two days that will not be covered in the 5 day boot camp, so don’t worry about it.

Besides, by the time you finish The Paper Game, brokering looks very tame compared with owning.

Have a great day.
Carol

Re: Training Class question - Posted by Mark - MD

Posted by Mark - MD on June 03, 2000 at 23:10:03:

I echo Mike’s question. Received the same letter for the training that appears to be geared towards finding, brokering, creating and selling various types of notes. Can anyone speak towards the caliber of the instructors and/or Metropolitan Mortgage since they appear to be underwriting the cost of this training a bit.

Will this be one long sales pitch or worthwhile?

All comments appreciated.

Thanks, Mark Williams