Trans Union credit score same as FICO? - Posted by Shelly

Posted by Tom B (GA) on January 11, 2002 at 06:30:59:

Trans Union credit score same as FICO? - Posted by Shelly

Posted by Shelly on January 07, 2002 at 17:56:26:

I just got a copy of my Trans Union credit report and my score is 883 out of a possible 934. Is this the same as FICO? I thought FICO went only to 900.

The negatives on my report said I had one balance on my credit card that as too high and too many active accounts with balances (not sure why when I only have 2 credit cards with balances).

I know this is a good score. Please let me know how good of a score it is and how this would compare to FICO.

Re: Trans Union credit score same as FICO? - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on January 07, 2002 at 20:22:11:

Hi Shelly,

To answer your question No it is not the same as the Fico score. Transunion calls their credit score the Risk Factor score Equifax uses the Beacon and Experian has the empirica score, the FICO is the Fair Issac and Company we generally see this used with equifax because Fair Issac has teamed up with equifax.

If your Transunion risk factor score is 883 then it is probably 900 or close to it with equifax. The Transunion score will be the middle the Equifax will be the highest and your score will be lowest with Experian.

With your credit score I would not be too concerned with those reporting errors keep an eye on them to assure things do not turn bad due to faulty reporting.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

Re: Trans Union credit score same as FICO? - Posted by Tom B (GA)

Posted by Tom B (GA) on January 10, 2002 at 11:33:12:

Hey Bruce,

I’m in the process of getting my reports for the year from the big 3. In your mention of, “The Transunion score will be the middle the Equifax will be the highest and your score will be lowest with Experian.”, are you talking about number wise or rating wise in the scoring? I guess what I’m looking for is, do they all use 900 as the top number? Trans Union provides their “score” for free with the report, Equifax did not, and Experians’ is in the mail so I don’t know about theirs yet.

Thanks,

Tom

Re: Trans Union credit score same as FICO? - Posted by Bruce Lawson

Posted by Bruce Lawson on January 10, 2002 at 19:52:59:

Hi Tom,

Transunion just started sending the consumer’s credit score out with the credit reports, Equifax will charge you for your score but will send you a copy of your credit report free if you were turned down for credit. Experian does not even have any thing available to the consumer for retrieving credit scores, and you will be lucky to even get your credit report from them on the first attempt.

As I explained earlier all three reporting companies have a version and a maximum credit score and they are all around 900.

I would not be too concerned with the score experian gives you I do not believe too many lenders even use them since the score will always come in low.

Sincerely,

Bruce Lawson

Re: Trans Union credit score same as FICO? - Posted by Denzil Ramsey

Posted by Denzil Ramsey on March 03, 2002 at 01:12:26:

Hello Bruce,

In your previous response you stated that Experian doesn’t have any way for consumers to recieve their score. That is not true, as a matter of fact, I found Experian the easiest to deal with. They even have a score simulator online the let consumers see how changes will effect their score.

This is just for your information.

Check out https://www.creditexpert.com/creditexpert/creditmanager/012_0_cm_home.jsp