Transfer Of Deed - Posted by TC

Posted by JoeKaiser on March 05, 2001 at 23:07:48:

Your not “transferring a deed.” A deed is the document that transfers ownership of the property. In my state, once that deed is recorded, you can make a paper hat out of it. The recorded deed itself is of no intrinsic value. It’s simply a piece of paper.

A title company prepares all the required paperwork to transfer ownership, including a deed itself.

A quit claim deed is simply a deed that transfers an apparent interest in property, without guaranteeing that the apparent interest is in fact a valid interest. Title companies in my state prefer you receive a Warranty Deed wherein the seller warrants his interest.


Transfer Of Deed - Posted by TC

Posted by TC on March 05, 2001 at 22:35:49:

What is the easiest , cheapest way to transfer a deed?Do you have to use a title company when taking subject to?How would quitclaiming a deed work?


Re: Transfer Of Deed - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 06, 2001 at 10:22:05:

To add to what Joe has said. A title company can draw up a deed. It’s just a piece of paper. Actually their paralegal for their attorney probably does it of the computer. They will take it down and record it for you. You can go to a real estate attorney and have him type it up. Each of these you get some security that it is going to be done accurately and may be done along with other services they are providing on the deal.

As you get more experience you may want to get examples and type it yourself. When I used to do more preforclosures we carried a deed with us. We had them sign it and filled in the legal and Grantee later. You had to react and file before they accepted a $100 more from the next guy. I’ve taken property subject to without a title check first but only because I had no money at risk. A title company may provide you the checking service and at the same time can type up the deed. It is the same here on quit claim deeds. The title company does not like them. I use a “NO Warranty Deed” if they don’t have an interest. Or if they are a principle you want them to defend title so you use a Warranty Deed.