TREE STUMPS??? - Posted by MikeNY

Posted by David Krulac on February 15, 2002 at 18:29:49:

pretty expensive. One alternative is to spray Roundup on the stump and eventually it will rot away.

TREE STUMPS??? - Posted by MikeNY

Posted by MikeNY on February 15, 2002 at 17:59:56:

Does anyone have any suggestions for removing a HUGE, heavily rooted tree stump???

MikeNY

Re: TREE STUMPS??? - Posted by Joe C. (AR)

Posted by Joe C. (AR) on February 16, 2002 at 23:42:41:

I recently had a “professional stump grinder” come out on a hardwood stump about 30" across. Cost me $65 dollars and took him about an hour.
Joe C.

Re: TREE STUMPS??? - Posted by Rusty

Posted by Rusty on February 15, 2002 at 23:20:49:

I had a stump ground down in my yard. It only cost about $75 for a medium sized tree stump. I found some ads in the local “Thrifty Nickle” (the kind with cheap ads they put in grocery stores) and got a couple to give me bids. A lot of retirees do it for a reasonable fee around here. I planted a new ornamental tree in the hole they drilled out and it’s growing great.

Re: TREE STUMPS??? - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on February 15, 2002 at 21:50:58:

The HOME DEPOT stores around here rent stump grinders for $65/day. They also rent chain saws. Have a pro do it and you are looking at $300+

Re: TREE STUMPS??? - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on February 15, 2002 at 18:55:23:

1. Call a tree surgeon. Easy but expensive.

2. Hire a tractor with a backhoe. Also expensive.

3. Dig around the roots with a shovel, then chop them off with an axe. Once the roots are cut off call a tow truck to pull out the stump. Put it on your Auto Club card and it’s free. Small stumps can be pulled out with a pickup truck once you cut off the roots.