Tried this type marketing?? Throwing flyers. - Posted by Bill (TN)

Posted by Hank on August 22, 2003 at 04:26:50:

That’s my old e-mail that the message board automatically stuck in there.

My current e-mail is hankone@usa.com

Tried this type marketing?? Throwing flyers. - Posted by Bill (TN)

Posted by Bill (TN) on August 18, 2003 at 22:30:31:

I had a flyer thrown in my driveway today that looked like it may be a cheap way to market a “I buy Houses” flyer. The flyer I received was a 4 x 5 flyer inside a clear plastic bag with a rock in the bottom of the bag for throwable weight. You could not pick up the bag without seeing the ad. Have any of you tried this approach? I figure you could have the flyers printed really cheap, put them in the bags with the rock and target the areas you want to concentrate. I have had people pass out flyers for me in the past and it had a pretty good response however I got a lot of calls from areas I did not want to work. Hence, a lot of the flyers were wasted. If you drove and delivered them I would know i’m targeting the correct market. What do you think??

Danger ! - Posted by Hank

Posted by Hank on August 22, 2003 at 04:24:17:

I used to do this but stopped because those colored rocks in the bag (fish tank rocks) may look like candy to a child.

Not good.

Re: Tried this type marketing?? Throwing flyers. - Posted by jasonrei

Posted by jasonrei on August 20, 2003 at 10:26:30:

Over the past few months I’ve been getting a lot of stuff thrown in my driveway from different people. I think it is tacky and you may have a homeowner or two get very offended. I would be careful how you respond to the irate callers; just be nice and pick up the flyers if you’re told to.

Don’t know how effective it is. Certainly is cheap.

Colored garden-type rocks for attention? - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 19, 2003 at 01:14:20:

Re: Tried this type marketing?? Throwing flyers. - Posted by Jim FL

Posted by Jim FL on August 19, 2003 at 24:04:28:

Bill,
I’ve not used this method, however, I’ve seen it done.
As with any type of in-your-face unsolicited marketing/advertisements, they probably do get calls…both good and bad.

I know that some MLM’s use this, because that is where I first saw this kind of flyer distribution.
Some local “Work at home” person placed one in my drive.

There was a company in my old area that was buying plastic bags for the paper delivery personell to use.
The bags had the investors message on them, and got delivered with the sunday paper.
Don’t know how well it worked, but seemed a little more appealing than the “Rock bag” marketing.

Never hurts to try, just make sure that you can actually do this locally, without violating ordinances, before you go placing your name on the flyers. :slight_smile:

Let us know how it goes if you decide to try it, should be interesting to watch.

Jim FL