Troublesome tenant... IT WORKED! - Posted by Kristin

Posted by johnman on January 08, 1999 at 17:55:25:

Thank you. I use one too I just didn’t know this can be done. I just wanted to know how to do it just in case I need to file a report. Thanks again.

Johnman

Troublesome tenant… IT WORKED! - Posted by Kristin

Posted by Kristin on January 08, 1999 at 09:09:22:

Just thought I’d let you guys know what happened:
We posted the 3 day pay or quit on the tenants door yesterday, after attempting to deliver it in person. (They left when we asked for a face-to-face meeting.)
Half an hour after we dropped it off, The wife left a voice mail informing me that “we have never gotten a pay rent or quit notice, and we don’t expect to, so we’ll just leave!”
Great!
We’ll go by to check the house Monday morning to be sure that they’re gone.I was really worried that this was going to drag out, but it looks like they’re going to leave on their own. However, I DO plan to make an entry on their credit report to warn off future landlords. I don’t want them to do this to someone else!
Thanks again to everyone who responded!
Sincerely,
KRistin

Re: Troublesome tenant… IT WORKED! - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on January 08, 1999 at 20:05:59:

If you follow your lease and state laws correctly, you can probably keep their entire deposit as liquidated damages.

Entry on their credit report??? - Posted by johnman

Posted by johnman on January 08, 1999 at 17:20:47:

Congratulations!! That’s good news.

I have one question. I have never done this but how do you enter that kind record on someones credit report?

thanks
Johnman

Re: Troublesome tenant… IT WORKED! - Posted by Kristin

Posted by Kristin on January 09, 1999 at 11:27:02:

Thanks, Rob!

Re: Entry on their credit report??? - Posted by Kristin

Posted by Kristin on January 08, 1999 at 17:33:49:

Johnman,
Contact a credit reporting agency. The one we’re using does tenant screening as well as credit reporting. They charge a fee to have the info entered on the tenant’s report through the credit bureaus. In my case, I’m more than willing to pay the fee if it will keep someone else from having to go through this.
Kristin