Truck works ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on February 21, 2001 at 03:53:28:

I’m glad it’s working… but the stinking thing is still embarassing ! LOL. I don’t drive it ! hehehe

Laure :slight_smile:

Truck works ! - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on February 20, 2001 at 14:30:59:

After the CRE convention last year, my 20 year old son plastered his truck with “WE BUY HOUSES 555-5555”

The truck is actually embarassing ! After his phone was disconnected due to non-payment, I talked him into putting my phone number on the truck and I’d give him a referral fee for every house I bought from a lead from the truck.

I think my phone number went on the truck in October. Not much action right away, but right around xmas, I got a call from a brand new Realtor who is handling a bunch of REO properties and looking for a cash buyer. This kid is hungry. I now go into every house as soon as he gets the address and have picked up 4 houses from him since the first of the year. He likes doing business with me because I move right away and he needs his commissions right away because he is so new he needs the cash flow. I figure I’ll pick up a few more houses from him before he meets more investors willing to pay cash. Some really, really SWEET DEALS !

I am again running my ad in the newspaper “we buy houses”. Last spring, I got virtually no calls on the ad. I felt it was a real waste of money. I ran the ad for almost three months and got 3 calls, none of which I was interested in. I am trying the ad again. I have been running it for about a month and get about 4 calls a day ! I picked up one house for about half of it’s value last week. Most callers on the newspaper ad say they have seen my truck around town. It seems that the two are working together better than either did by themselves.

So, If you have someone gutsy enough to drive around with a gawdy vehicle, it’s probably worth the 300.00 to plaster it with a sign. I’ll try to find a picture of the truck. It’s a Ford Ranger and the sign goes from bumper to bumper on both sides and across the tail gate !

I’ve not posted much in the last few months. I’ve just been really, really busy ! And having a lot of fun !

Laure :wink:

Re: Truck works ! - Posted by Dave (CA)

Posted by Dave (CA) on February 22, 2001 at 16:11:32:

Hi Susan,

I’m interested in bidding on REO properties. How much do you usually end up getting them for (as a percentage of market value)?

Wondered what happened to you! [nt] - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 21, 2001 at 10:45:08:

nt.

Re: Truck works ! - Posted by Jonathan Rexford

Posted by Jonathan Rexford on February 21, 2001 at 08:11:51:

Well I have a 2000 Expedition I have three magnetic signs. One on each door and one in the rear. My wife makes me take it off when she’s in the truck. And I do take it off when I go speak to some one about a pre foreclosure but I have had great response. Mine reads

JONATHAN REXFORD (White on Red)
I BUY BUILD SELL FINANCE HOUSES (Red on White)
I make things happen (italics White on Red)
561-532-0029 (Red on white)

I must say I get a lot of looks. My Expedition is Bright Red…lol

Jonathan

Re: Truck works ! - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on February 20, 2001 at 19:27:18:

Laure,
Good going!
Nice to hear about another person making good deals.
I currently live in a home that was purchased from someone who saw my “We Buy Homes” sign on my old work van.
I still talk to people all the time who say, “I saw one of your signs, are you the same guy with that big gray van that says they buy houses?”
And trust me, my van was UGLY!
But it worked.
Cannot wait to get another one.
Take care,
Jim IL

(your northern neighbor)

Re: Truck works ! - Posted by Ed Reilly

Posted by Ed Reilly on February 20, 2001 at 18:37:21:

Insightful post. Thanks! I’ve have a (admittedly much smaller) magnetic sticker on the back of my vehicle, with little response. Interesting to know what makes people pick up that phone.

Continued success,
Ed Reilly (Mont. Co.,PA)

Re: If it does break down - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on February 20, 2001 at 18:24:40:

park it, where it can be seen and don’t fix the sign.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!! Keep it up!!! - Posted by evelyn

Posted by evelyn on February 20, 2001 at 15:42:43:

nt.

Re: Ooops - Posted by Dave (CA)

Posted by Dave (CA) on February 22, 2001 at 16:49:31:

Sorry, I meant Laure. :frowning:

must be a “girl thing” - Posted by Laure

Posted by Laure on February 22, 2001 at 08:47:04:

Ha ! It’s funny. I don’t mind when people look at me in my red Corvette ! But I still won’t ride in his truck, unless I have to ! hehehe

Laure :slight_smile: