Trust and Privacy - Posted by keith hutson

Posted by tonyb in columbus ohio on September 07, 2003 at 12:15:46:

one way is to ask your attorney or someone you completely trust to be the nominee. notices and their name appears on the web site.

i understand some people also choose their wife’s maiden name. this works very well if she has a rather common maiden name. sarra jones for example. this only works if you trust her.

Trust and Privacy - Posted by keith hutson

Posted by keith hutson on September 07, 2003 at 09:43:40:

I am not to bright sometimes, but trying to learn here.

I posted recently about placing my house that I will close on soon in a trust. I am also planning to invest in some rental properties as well.

As I read the arcihves on trusts I see many placing their trust’s in in an S or LLC corporation. I don’t see how this “masks” owenership because it is now easy, at least here in Florida to easily see who the officers of a corporation is in just seconds with your computer. I have a friend opening a store under a DBA of a business out of state. She felt this would prevent people from knowing who the owner is. Her competitors knew within minutes who actually owns the business as they went to Florida’s Dept of Corporations online and found it.

So, how can anonynimity be possible by your corp holding the trust?

Thanks
Keith Hutson

Excellent Florida Land Trust Book - Posted by Chad Lare

Posted by Chad Lare on September 07, 2003 at 14:35:45:

I just wanted to recommend a great book called “Land Trusts in Florida” by Mark Warda (FL attorney). He also has another land trust book that is not specific to Florida.

I went to Mark’s land trust seminar yesterday and it was very informative. The seminar was $140 which included the book (and counts as credit for Realtors, attorneys, and CPAs), but you can get the book at Amazon for about $20.

He also has a company that will act as your trustee. His fees are $250 for the first year (which includes the cost to set up the trust) and $100 for each additional year that they serve as trustee.

What part of Florida are you in? I’m in Zephyrhills (near Tampa).

Re: Trust and Privacy - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on September 07, 2003 at 12:46:23:

Keith,

> So, how can anonynimity be possible by your corp
> holding the trust?

The Corporation does not “hold” the trust. It “holds” the beneficial interest in the trust. The beneficial interest is not recorded or disclosed in any way without a court order. This is spelled out in the trust agreement, which is also not recorded.

Spring for Bronchick’s course on land trusts and the concept of trusts will become clear.

Brad