"trustees" and how you deal with them - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Tony-VA/NC on September 08, 2003 at 17:23:01:

Briton,

If this tenant is a problem, your lease should control the deal. Who signed the lease? If it was the tenant, you serve him with the proper paperwork (ie. 10 day pay or quit notice) and if a trustee steps in (his mom, brother, uncle etc.) to pay up then fine. If not, evict him and put in someone that pays on time.

If you don’t mind the late payments, then make it worth your while.

Tony

“trustees” and how you deal with them - Posted by Briton (IN)

Posted by Briton (IN) on September 08, 2003 at 15:43:08:

I have a tenant that keeps using “trustees” to pay his rent because he is a useless drinking man. I started to tell him that he has to get his rent in on time “or else” well now last month a trustee helped him pay 1/2 of his rent. I started working with this man, and i got the rent about a week late. Now he talked to me about it a few days b4 the rent was due. So the trustee was in control of when it got to me. Now this month he is using a trustee to pay his rent again! And it is the 8th of the month. Do tenants using trustees have certain rights? If i evict him with he say it was the trustees fault or “the landlord would not work with the trustee” Has anyone ever dealt with this? thank you, Briton (IN)