Trying new approach...help please. - Posted by Mike-GA

Posted by BenG on August 23, 2001 at 17:10:18:

…(TWO) errors, not to errors. he he he,
couldn’t resist. LOL
BenG

Trying new approach…help please. - Posted by Mike-GA

Posted by Mike-GA on August 22, 2001 at 11:34:40:

Hi guys,

I started a non-profit organization that gives gifts up to 10% of the purchase price to home buyers. I have been updating my website to include a section to help sellers by talking up their payments and buying their homes via L/O’s or sub2’s.

My goal is to provide free services to homebuyers and sellers. One one hand I am helping people get housing by paying their down payment and on the other I am helping sellers save their credit by paying their mortgages and purchasing their homes.

Will someone read over my site to see if I have the concept clear and that there are no ethical questions that should be addressed.

The site address is www.alphassistance.com

Thanks

Re: Trying new approach…help please. - Posted by mrstl

Posted by mrstl on August 22, 2001 at 19:43:59:

Do you do sub prime loans or just fha,va,convent.etc?

Am I missing something? - Posted by Doug (ON)

Posted by Doug (ON) on August 22, 2001 at 14:17:39:

This is purely a non-profit charity, right?

You must either have one he!! of alot of L/O or sub2’s that you can afford to give some away, or you must be so wealthy already that you don’t care. Otherwise, why would you give away these hard to find deals?

Or am I missing some profit in there somewhere?

Doug

Check for Typo’s - Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX

Posted by Jim Kennedy - Houston, TX on August 22, 2001 at 14:16:56:

Mike,

I would suggest that you inspect your text for typo’s and grammatical errors. With just a cursory review of your site, I noticed the following on your FAQ page:

"Anyone who has been approved by a lender that will accept a gift from a charity as an acceptable form of funds for the buyer to use towards closing can qualify. As long as a buyer meets all of their lenders requirements to buy a home they will qualify for down payment assistance. (should be “lender’s” with an apostrophe)

“The seller must agree to participate in the Alpha Assistance Program. The seller must also pay and amount equal to the gift that was given to the buyer plus pay a service fee of 0.5% of the final sales price.” (should be “The seller must also pay an amount …”)

“Gift funds are delivered directly to the closing office at least 24 hours before closing, but in emergencies we can get the funds there 1 hour before closing at latest***” (missing the period at the end of the sentence)

“We will always have funds to help families realize the dream of home ownership…***” (here’s that missing period)

“Do you recommend Realtors?
Alpha Assistance, Inc. has approved many realtors nationwide who are licensed to do business in their state to use the Alpha Assistance Program as a tool to further qualify their clients. We are approving more each week. Please see our Representatives page or call us at 770-446-5496 for a current list of realtors. If you have a realtor that you currently work with who is not on our list, please let us know and we will get them signed up immediately.” (Go to section B. at: http://nar.realtor.com/graphic_standards/style_guidelines/style_frameset.htm for the proper use of the term REALTOR®.)

There are others, but these should get you started. You might want to ask two or three colleagues to review your site specifically looking for typo’s and grammatical errors. Often times one set of eyes will catch something that another over looked.

Hope this helps.

Best of Success!!

Jim Kennedy,
Houston, TX

Top Notch Site… - Posted by JT - IN

Posted by JT - IN on August 22, 2001 at 12:16:50:

Mike:

It seems that you have a neat program established. Are you similar to Nehemiah or other DP assitance/grant programs available?

Curious as to how lucrative this is?

Looks good, Congrats!

JT - IN

Re: Trying new approach…help please. - Posted by Mike-GA

Posted by Mike-GA on August 22, 2001 at 12:01:16:

Sorry about that guys. The address is www.alphaassistance.com.

How could I screw up my own web addy

Re: Trying new approach…help please. - Posted by MSchmidt (IL)

Posted by MSchmidt (IL) on August 22, 2001 at 11:41:29:

www.alphaassistance.com , you left out one of the "a"s

Re: Am I missing something? - Posted by Mike-GA

Posted by Mike-GA on August 22, 2001 at 18:46:01:

I provide a charity service to the buyer with the down payment program, but charge them a fee with the L/O program.

I provide a charity service to the seller with the L/O service, but charge them a fee with the down payment assitance program.

I make money from both sides of the equation.

Re: Check for Typo’s - Posted by Mike-GA

Posted by Mike-GA on August 22, 2001 at 18:08:45:

Thanks for the look out. I wrote all the content myself and as you can tell I got a little careless and burned out. I have corrected to errors and will read over the site again.

Re: Top Notch Site… - Posted by Mike-GA

Posted by Mike-GA on August 22, 2001 at 18:00:33:

My program is very smiliar to Nehemiah with the exception that I charge 0.5% on top of the gift where Nehemiah charges 1% and I give up to 10% where Nehemiah only gives up to 3%. I wanted to make my program very attractive. I am bring in about 1,200/month right now and that’s only doing 2 deals from one lender. I have hunderds of other lenders here in Atlanta that I am going to market my program to. It’s kinda slow since I just got the program off hte ground in June of this year but the interest in “free” money for the homebuyer is catching on.

It is my plan to get up to one deal a day which would translate into 12,000/month. I know it’s ambitious but it is very possible.

Re: Am I missing something? - Posted by Doug (ON)

Posted by Doug (ON) on August 22, 2001 at 21:03:16:

Ahhh! Now that you put it that way it makes sense to me, sorta :wink:

I take it the ‘down payment gift’ is any equity the seller would have lost in foreclosure, or given to you?

Doug