Trying not to give up. - Posted by Mack

Posted by Ben (NJ) on February 10, 2002 at 08:38:30:

look at the bright side, you could be dodging daisy cutters in Afghanistan! LOL.
“I felt bad because I had no shoes…
until I passed a man who had no feet”.

Trying not to give up. - Posted by Mack

Posted by Mack on February 10, 2002 at 07:49:51:

I would like to thank everyone for giving me kinds words. I guess I have to come up with a routine, and work on it everyday. There have been periods in my life, I’ve had desire, passion and grit. And come to think of it, those times weren’t so bad. At least I was doing something, didn’t get much in return, but least I was living. Right now, I feel I’m not living in a sense. I want that passion, desire that I’ve had years ago. Hard work pays off, getting in the game works. RE was something I always wanted to do. I never owned property. But, what I’ve been learning in the last two weeks is really something. Maybe knowledge is power. Maybe dreams can come true.

maybe!!!..no maybe’s about it - friend!!! - Posted by tang-0-rang

Posted by tang-0-rang on February 10, 2002 at 16:42:17:

You said “maybe dreams can come true” They CAN, WILL, and DO all the time. If they didn’t- there wouldn’t be such a word in the human vocabulary.

you said
----“Right now, I feel I’m not living in a sense. I want that passion, desire that I’ve had years ago” –
Here’s the thing, its been my experience that you cant wait for the passion to return…or just happen, in anything you do in this life…YOU have to MAKE IT HAPPEN. I have been there, and I know were you are coming from. Something that I am trying out when contacting people is to be “excited” I don’t mean “lunatic” excited but “interesting” excited. if you show people that you are in love with what you are trying to do…they will want that excitement for themselves (human nature = selfishness) they want a part of it. If you jump for joy… they want to catch you on the way down.
I have done business with too many people that just say “give me your money, and take this stupid piece of merchandise off my hands” and I hate it. I want to create interest in others, about what I do.
I dont know your whole story, and what you are trying to do currently, but it sounds like your down on your luck. Try this… turn the negative into a positive…HOW you ask… like this…
Every time you get turned down by someone, treat yourself to a banana split. no really, it works. I get told NO from a seller, guess what, time for a banana split, NO loan…banana split, NO sale…banana split. Unfortunatly the down side is… after a while of this, I want the other party to SAY no, because I WANT MY BANANA SPLIT!
well thats the end of my story, I need to go pound the pavement, although its getting harder here lately. I can’t seem to figure out were all this extra weight is coming from. smile
best of luck Mack!
just my thoughts
Todd Williamson (CO)

Come up with a plan - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on February 10, 2002 at 16:38:10:

For the last few years right around the end of December, I don’t come up with New Years Resolutions, but I do come up with goals for the upcoming year and a detailed plan to put them into action.

You should probably do the same thing. Get with some like-minded people to help you with this. If you can’t find anybody local like an REI club, then definitely use the resources here on this newsgroup.

Don’t Quit - Posted by Tony (Northern CA)

Posted by Tony (Northern CA) on February 10, 2002 at 15:02:52:

When life’s twists and turns leave me unsettled, I recall this poem. It may help you in the future.

Tony

Don?t Quit

When things go wrong,
As they sometimes will,
When the road you?re trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile,
But you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit
Rest if you must, But Don?t You Quit!

Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out.
Don?t give up through the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.
Often the goal is nearer than
It seems to a faint and faltering man
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victor?s cup
And he learned too late when the night came down
How close he was to the golden crown.

Success is failure turned inside out
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems afar
So stick to the fight when you?re hardest hit
It?s when things seem the worst
That You Mustn?t Quit!

Richard Cardinal Cushing
Archbishop of Boston

Re: Trying not to give up. - Posted by di

Posted by di on February 10, 2002 at 11:46:44:

You’ve taken a big step forward today. You’re getting calls so you’re doing something right! Now I’d say you should learn a little about sales technique, so you can control the conversation a bit when you do get calls. You won’t get blasted as often & you’re more likely to actually find a workable deal. BEST OF LUCK. DI

Re: Trying not to give up. - Posted by Scott

Posted by Scott on February 10, 2002 at 10:17:36:

I suggest you give your brain some positive things to focus on instead of this “I’m lost in the world” non-sense. Get your hands on some Tony Robbins material. I suggest the Personal Power series. Make this small investment in yourself if you are really interested in moving forward. tonnyrobbins.com

Re: Trying not to give up. - Posted by Melissa (CT)

Posted by Melissa (CT) on February 10, 2002 at 08:12:21:

Mack,

You sound a lot better a lot more optimistic than the other day. Good to hear! You said that you feel like you’re not living in a sense. Well you are! And in a great country! Everybody has their ups and downs. When they are down, it is their goals and dreams in life that pull them through. You keep that dream and passion for being a successful real estate investor and you will prevail!!

Good Luck!

Re: Don’t Quit - Posted by Lucky in ky.

Posted by Lucky in ky. on February 10, 2002 at 15:16:30:

Tony (Northern CA.)
That was a very Inspiring poem.
Thank you

Lucky in ky.