trying to find Farmers Home Adm-House - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Nate on March 26, 2001 at 22:36:45:

Farmers Home is www.rurdev.usda.gov however I doubt they will be able to help you because they are not a direct lender.

You should go to the courthouse and find the LENDER. I don’t think you would ask Farmers Home about this loan any more than you would ask Fannie Mae about a conventional loan.

Actually, check that. Maybe they USED to be a direct lender back in 1990. So maybe they can help.

Worth a shot, anyway.
NT

trying to find Farmers Home Adm-House - Posted by Dee-Texas

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 26, 2001 at 20:49:29:

Hello All,
I’ve found a vacant house, I know the name of the owner, found where she bought it and the year.But I can’t find the owner or relatives. It was bought in 1990 through Farmers Home Administration or USDA-FmHA. I can’t find a contact that knows anything about this house. The insurance and taxes have been in the payments. I’m trying to find out if it’s going on the auction block, but can’t find a contact. I’ve called USDA-FmHa and been told they have no idea to put on hold and then disconnected.
Any ideas? Web address? Help?
I smell a real deal here…
Dee-Texas

Re: trying to find Farmers Home Adm-House - Posted by Anthony - OH

Posted by Anthony - OH on March 26, 2001 at 21:53:32:

I would go to the county courthouse and pull every Civil case with the owners name listed as a defendant. (hopefully its computerized and should take 5 min.)

You should be able to find out if they’ve been sent a NOD, at what stage the foreclosure is in, and where they have been being served.

If they are not in foreclosure then I would run the owners name through OCTitle to see if they own any other property in the county.

If you still don’t have anything, then you might think about hiring a skip-tracer.