Trying to get a grasp on this? - Posted by Mark

Posted by David P. Butler America’s Note Network on March 17, 2000 at 18:55:37:

Hello Mark,

Scroll down about five days back, and find a post I did for a gentleman who asked “How to sell half a note”. I did a fairly lenghty response listing a number of low cost, excellent publications about note investing, including an inexpensive one that discusses the note brokering aspects as a profession as well.

Or, you can hit the search archives button above on this board, and just type in my name, David Butler,
and you can easily find a full answer to your question that way. Hope this helps, and good luck to you.

David Butler Vice President, Broker Relations

Trying to get a grasp on this? - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on March 14, 2000 at 23:50:34:

I posted earlier about getting into notes, but I’m trying to grasp this. I don’t have startup cash, at least enough to buy a note, so I should go out and get a house owner financed, then sell it owner finance so now I hold the note. Then sell the note at a discount to make some cash? I could be way off here, but like I said I’m trying to learn. Now, if the seller I buy from owes 30k, and then I sell it at 35, I hold a 35 thousand dollar note, now when I sell that note for 20k, where does my 20k go? My seller owes 30 which will be paid by my buyers, the investor would only be getting 5k of it at that selling price. Like I said I’m probably way off here, but I’m trying to learn. I definitely like the idea of buying discounted notes better. Also, is Paper into Gold a good course to start out with, I like the sound of that one. Please John or someone point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot