Trying to make my name stealth. - Posted by Bill G.

Posted by John on March 13, 2002 at 23:28:12:

One of the things I love about a Nevada corp is the “Corporate Veil” that can’t be pierced. See my e-mail to you from your previous post for details.

john

Trying to make my name stealth. - Posted by Bill G.

Posted by Bill G. on March 13, 2002 at 23:16:55:

Hello,
I know that in LLC corps and ect one can hide name however once a look up a business license it has the business owners name and lists as an LLC etc.

How do we not let on to our name.

Thank you
Bill

Re: Trying to make my name stealth. - Posted by Steve-DC

Posted by Steve-DC on March 14, 2002 at 07:59:25:

I’m not sure how to make your name completely invisible.

But, I will say that one DISadvantage to that is when you become very successful, sought after, etc. - How are they going to find you?

-Steve

Re: Trying to make my name stealth. - Posted by Ian(Honolulu)

Posted by Ian(Honolulu) on March 14, 2002 at 04:54:50:

A technique suggested by Mr. Bronchick which seems to have gotten rave reviews is taking title into a land trust. Thus, when someone runs a check on the property, they will only be able to gain access to the name of the trustee. The trustee is not obligated to release information regarding the beneficiary of the trust unless compelled to by law (a successful judgement against the property could do such). As to John’s post below, it doesn’t seem that he’s placing the term “piercing the corporate veil” in the correct context. The term is in reference to the ability of a court to see through a corporate structure and hold individuals that own and/or operate personally liable for the actions of the corporation. Also, he is incorrect in saying that it’s impossible to have the veil pierced in Nevada. Nevada is one of the safest states in the nation for incorporating as far as liability is concerned, however there have been isolated incidents in the past where it has been proven to be falliable. If you operate in Nevada, you will enjoy the stricter guidelines on sharing corporate information with the government. However, if you operate outside of Nevada and still choose to incorporate there, you will most likely be required to register in your state of operation as a foreign entity thus hindering if not destroying many of the benefits of a Nevada corporation. Note that I am not an expert and the above are my personal beliefs. Just my take on things…

-Ian