ULTRA skeptical on Carlton Sheets - Posted by Kit Carson McGuire

Posted by HR on February 08, 2001 at 18:18:38:

Jeff,

If I can be a rei, anyone can. Almost 4 years ago, my wife and I were renting a 800sf apartment and were 17k in credit card debt. Today, we have no debt and a property or two. I owe a lot of it to this site, and people like Phil, Jim Piper, Ed Garcia, etc. I post because I am deeply grateful to those that have helped me be successful, and it is a pleasure to help others succeed.

The honor will be all mine. See you in Atlanta.

Hal from New Orleans aka HR

PS. Thanks for the kind words. I’m glad you have found the posts helpful.

ULTRA skeptical on Carlton Sheets - Posted by Kit Carson McGuire

Posted by Kit Carson McGuire on February 05, 2001 at 24:03:25:

Been watching his infomercials for years, yet where are these people who took the course and are still successful at it? We just relocated to a new area northwest of Austin and there is still a lot of building going on around here which makes me think this course just might be a good thing here.
Problem is…we are so skeptical, it would take Carlton himself to walk us through step-by-step to make us true believers. I’m 51 years old and you’d think I would have met someone who does this! Only people I know doing this are real estate agents. Soooo, how 'bout it Carlton, think you can make us believers???

Re: ULTRA skeptical on Carlton Sheets - Posted by Tim Conde

Posted by Tim Conde on February 06, 2001 at 15:07:22:

If you’re so skeptical, why do you post here? I doubt if Mr. Sheets is going to take you by the hand and lead you to the promised land. Why should he? Why should anyone? I took the Sheets course and have done very well, maybe better than most. But the only one who ever took me by the hand was my wife or daughter as we walked through a house. Why not just get off your rear end and see if YOU can do it and stop complaining because no one will do the work for you?

Tim

Re: ULTRA skeptical on Carlton Sheets - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on February 05, 2001 at 15:54:26:

I took the course about three years ago. My advice…don’t be so skeptical. This business is real, but it takes more effort than the infomercial leads you to believe. Don’t get me wrong. The effort is well worth it.

The biggest effort is in education. CS’s course is a good beginning but you need to continue learning as much as you can.

To be successful, you need the right attitude and the persistence to get the education you need. Then, you can identify the real deals and know what to do with them.

Re: ULTRA skeptical on Carlton Sheets - Posted by Dave Mckee

Posted by Dave Mckee on February 05, 2001 at 10:59:43:

I did not buy the Carlton Sheets course(or anyone else’s), but I have been buying/ selling Real Estate for many years. The ideas and methods in these courses are not “discoveries”, they are well known. The “Packaging” varies between one and another, and the skill of the teaching methods may make the difference. Yes. it does work, but only if you are able to understand the basic ideas, and can take the risks neccesary. You may contact me direct for more input if you like.
By the way, I don’t sell information or motivational tapes, etc. Check out www.way.to/investments

Re: ULTRA skeptical on Carlton Sheets - Posted by Floyd Jones

Posted by Floyd Jones on February 05, 2001 at 10:51:31:

Hi there, I just finished Carlton’s personal coaching course last month. On December the 31st 2000, I bought two houses. One for my personal residence & the other I have rented to a couple that relocated from Richmond Virginia to the DC area. This property is being rented for $1100.00/month & my mortgage is only $874.22/month. I have a positive cash flow of $225.78/month. If you would like to know more. E-mail me. Thanks & Good luck. Floyd

Amen, Tim (nt) - Posted by HR

Posted by HR on February 06, 2001 at 17:46:35:

nt

Re: Just wondering how you worked it? - Posted by John STL

Posted by John STL on February 07, 2001 at 09:26:15:

Hi Floyd, Could You explain how your deal for the second property went down? What dom you have in it and how did it happen?

HR… - Posted by Jeff in MKE

Posted by Jeff in MKE on February 08, 2001 at 17:05:47:

Hi HR,
It’s great to see you posting more lately.
I really enjoy reading your posts.
The wife and I may be coming to the convention this year.
It would be an honor if we would get to meet you,Phil,and some of the other successful investers that post here.
I hope to be there as well as meet you.
Keep posting,
Jeff in MKE

Re: Just wondering how you worked it? - Posted by Floyd Jones

Posted by Floyd Jones on February 07, 2001 at 10:14:42:

Actually John, The second deal which is my personal residence wasn’t very creative. However, it was done in a way that prevented me from coming up with a huge down payment.

My personal residence was purchased on a rent with option to buy. It was a VA Foreclosure that I saw on line.It was listed for 119,000.00 3/2 swimming pool, B-Ball court, & a lot of extra land in the back.
I called the listing agent & asked if I could see the property & then have him submit a bid for me. It was listed for 119,000.00. After looking at the property I had him submit a bid for 129,000.00. I won the bid. I gave him 1300.00 for option consideration & agreed to pay another 1300.00 at closing along with 1300.00 security deposit. My monthly rent is 1300.00 with 300.00 towards the down payment when I exercise my option. Which I am doing now. At the time when I secure financing, I will have the last months rent of 1300.00 plus the security deposit & the 300.00 from every months rent to go towards my down payment. The beauty of this transaction is that I don’t have to come up with a lump sum of money to cover the 10-20% down payment. I am in the process of having the house appraised. It should appraise for approximately 150-160,000.00 This is based on the appraisal of the houses to my left & right. My house has a swimming pool & more land than both of my neighbors. So I may be under estimating the value tremendously. We will see. I don’t have much experience with estimating values. However, I am learning more & more as I look at properties.

I hope that this info helped.