undesirables trespassing on my property - Posted by WF

Posted by Sterling In New Jersey on August 21, 2003 at 16:29:52:

Is the property currently vacant ?

I had a simliar situation when I was renovating a 6 family bldg. I experienced a lot of break-ins and lost alot of $$$$ due to vandlism and theft. The only thing that stopped the trespassers was a guard dog service I employed to protect the property during the hours when my contractors were not their.

Best of Luck,
Sterling

undesirables trespassing on my property - Posted by WF

Posted by WF on August 21, 2003 at 13:55:56:

I have a house in the inner city of Atlanta. There are several undersirables that trespass on my property daily drinking and smoking dope.

When they see me they will dispurse, but when i leave they are right back over there. I’ve called the police, and have filed paperwork at the police precint responsible for the area my house is located, but nothing has changed.

I’m asking for any suggestions!!!

Re: undesirables trespassing on my property - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on August 26, 2003 at 24:52:56:

How about a surveillance camera on the property. Something that is visible with an equally visible sign reading “This Property Protected and Monitored By Surveillance Cameras”. No body wants to smoke dope on camera.

Re: undesirables trespassing on my property - Posted by BrokerScott (Mich)

Posted by BrokerScott (Mich) on August 21, 2003 at 22:17:55:

Guard dogs are a good idea. i was going to sugest a security service.

Re: undesirables trespassing on my property - Posted by Tom PA

Posted by Tom PA on August 21, 2003 at 20:40:02:

I had a friend with the same problem in Atlanta. The last time that he even looked at that house was when he was robbed and pistol whipped in the front yard after collecting over due rent.

He sold the place for somewhere short of break even just to get rid of it.

Re: undesirables trespassing on my property - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on August 21, 2003 at 20:04:56:

Hey WF,

I used to live in the NYC area. The Co-op’s I lived in had the same probs. They used to sleep on the benches we had out there all night.

We used to bug the cops on a nightly basis until the problem was solved. Maybe it will help if you keep calling about this problem. Be a real pain in the ass. :slight_smile:

Best of luck,

RichV(FL)